4.

It's Friday afternoon and Louis' laying on the floor, popcorn kernels surrounding him from his numerous failed attempts to catch them in his mouth. There's really no denying it anymore...his life is over. He doesn't have a job and he's broke as hell. There's only one option left and Louis is having a really hard time accepting it.

Five years ago this is definitely not where he saw himself. Lying on his floor eating popcorn and debating whether or not he wants to become a stripper or die. Because death isn't really an option unless he kills himself but that'd be a little dramatic he thinks, stripping seems to be the only thing that can solve his problems.

He's not depressed or suicidal, just over life. Over his life specifically. He doesn't want to be ungrateful for what he has, he knows he's lucky. He's in uni, he has friends, he has a nice family. He's just broke, and when you're broke it's really hard to enjoy life. No, money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys food and pays your car bills so in a sense it kind of does affect your happiness in some ways.

If he was a stripper he wouldn't have this issue. That's why Louis' pretty sure he's going to take the offer. If he doesn't he's fucked, he's really fucked. Plus, this opportunity won't present itself again. It's not often a strip club owner walks up to you in the mall and offers you a job.

So Louis sits up, wipes his greasy hands on his sweatpants and grabs his phone. He takes out the white card he had in his phone case as well. Just like last time, he dials the number and then before he can overthink it he presses call.

After a few rings, the person on the other end picks up, "Hello?"

"Hi. It's Louis."

"Louis? I don't know a Louis."

"Right, I guess I never told you my name huh? It's the guy from the mall. Short, brown hair."

"Ah, Louis. Nice name."

"Thanks?"

"Yeah, so Louis, have you made your mind up."

"I think so yeah. I just need to know one more thing."

"Hmm?"

"Is it safe? Like will the people watching or whatever be able to touch me without consent?"

"Of course not, and if they try they'll be kicked out. You'll be far enough from them that it'd take a lot of effort to get to you anyway."

"...Oh okay."

"So? Is that a yes then?"

"Um, yeah, yeah I guess so."

"Great. When can you start?"

"Um well, anytime really. I kinda need this asap."

"Well, that's good for both of us then. How about Saturday night?"

"This Saturday night? Like as in tomorrow night?"

"You said you needed it quick didn't you?"

"I-I guess yeah. I can be there. Do, do I have to dance that night too?"

"No. You can just come and watch and make sure you're positive you want to do it. I can't have you back out if you say you're gonna do it."

"Alright, yeah, I can come Saturday."

"Wonderful. See you then Louis."

"Yeah..."

Louis hangs up and takes a deep breath, slowly exhaling. Well, no going back now. Hopefully, after Saturday he'll be a little more excited to do this. Maybe it won't be that bad. Fun even, maybe it'll be fun.

The doorknob to the dorm jiggles and soon Niall's trudging into the room, throwing his bag on his bed like always.

"I hate my English class. It's like she expects us to write an essay every week," Niall complains.

"That sucks."

"Yep." Niall takes his water bottle out of his bag and starts drinking it.

"So, I said yes to Harry."

Niall chokes a little and water dribbles down his chin and on to his shirt. "What?!"

"Yeah, I got fired from Tesco, so I decided it was my only option."

Niall seems to collect himself but he doesn't look any less shocked. "Wait wait wait...why did you get fired?"

"This old lady can't read."

"Uh okay? So you're a stripper now?"

Louis shrugs. "Well I'm going to the club tomorrow night or whatever to watch and Harry said that if I'm down for it then I can start soon."

"Okay, who exactly is Harry again?" Niall asks as he comes and sits next to Louis on his bed.

"The owner of the club I think. He's the one who gave me the card I'm pretty sure."

"Oh.."

"Yeah, just don't tell Li or Zayn yet. I don't need them freaking out."

Niall nods, still seeming a bit confused by the news that was just thrown at him. "Yeah sure, I'll keep quiet."

"Okay thanks," Louis pauses and the silence between him and Niall is almost awkward. They both just play on their phones. "Are you like, -is this fine? You're not mad right?"

Niall puts down his phone and looks at Louis seriously but softly. "No, I'm not mad Lou...I just really don't want you getting hurt or in trouble. Have you even looked into this club? What if it's sketchy?"

"I looked it up, it's called LURE, all caps. The reviews were pretty good and the picture of the inside or whatever made it seem nice."

Niall still seems wary, "Kay...well don't do it if you go and it's shady."

"Well, I mean, it's kinda my only option now."

"You could get another job," Niall says blatantly.

Louis makes a face. "Eh."

"Well it's your life mate, as long as you're safe and you don't mind the pervs then you do you."

Louis gives Niall a thankful smile. "Thanks Ni, you're so cool. Anyone else would've called me a slut or something."

Niall purses his lips, "I hate that. I hate when people call other people sluts when they're not. The definition of a slut is someone who sleeps around a lot, and even that isn't a bad thing. Dancing is not being a slut."

"Thank you! I was arguing with this girl in one of my classes cause I heard her call this other girl a slut for wearing shorts that were apparently too short."

"Yeah, and that's called a bitch," Niall says, and both boys laugh.

Louis' really lucky to have Niall. He's a good friend and he's always supportive of Louis. Louis' certain that no matter what Niall will always be his go to.

That night Louis falls asleep thinking about everything that's happened lately. It's been crazy honestly. Like, what are the odds that in the local mall, he's complaining about needing money, and then a strip club owner offers him a job as a stripper that he's most likely going to take? The odds of that happening are very small but, it did happen and now Louis just has to keep going from here and hopefully wherever it takes him in life is somewhere good.