24.

He knows he's being a douche, he really does. It's just if he doesn't push Louis away he'll get attached and that just won't work. He has work to do and he can't let Louis —or anyone for that matter— get in the way of that.

Harry isn't actually annoyed with Louis. If he's being honest, he finds it sweet. No one has ever tried getting to know him and now that Louis is, it feels nice. That doesn't matter though, because it's really not fair to Louis if Harry lets him think they're friends.

The reason it's unfair isn't because they aren't friends or that Harry doesn't want to be friends, it's because Harry wouldn't be able to fulfil that position. Work comes first and as of right now and probably for a very long time, he has a lot of it to get done.

He owns more than one club and he has invested in multiple other companies and he has to make sure everything is running smoothly. He doesn't have time to hang out with people.

As his dad always said, "make money, not friends."

He's lived by that ever since and so far it's only done him good. He's twenty-four and is already much further in the game than most others. Plus, having friends means having emotions and those only get in the way.

He likes Louis, and he thinks Louis knows it. That's why he's so persistent. Usually Harry's able to get people to back away right after meeting them but he let his guard down once with Louis and now his whole strategy is all messed up.

He feels bad for being so rude and he knows Louis' right but there's no way he can ever tell him that. If he does it'll make Louis think it's still a good idea to try and get close to him, and it's not.

Harry doesn't want to keep being rude and he knows if he does he'll feel really guilty and if he feels guilty that'll get in the way of him getting work done because it'll be the only thing he's able to think about. That's why he's decided to be nicer to Louis from now on.

He's not going to go out of his way to make sure Louis knows that he's being nice but he's not going to purposely be rude anymore. Louis doesn't deserve that. He was only trying his best to be polite and Harry shouldn't of said the things he did.

He feels bad for saying that not everyone wants to have a conversation with Louis because if he's going to be quite honest, every time he's talked to Louis before things changed, he liked it. Louis' funny and interesting and he doesn't make Harry talk too much which is nice.

Louis has work tonight and Harry doesn't really know if he'll come in but he hopes he does because he wants to make sure that he sees Harry making an effort to be a little kinder.

Before the club opens Harry goes around and makes sure that all of the tables are clean and that the bar is in place. Noah's a good bartender but he's a little messy and forgets to clean up before he leaves but Harry doesn't blame him because it's usually like 4 am before he's able to go home.

Harry's thought about hiring people to clean but so far him being the one cleaning hasn't been a problem and he doesn't really mind it. It means he has to be at the club more which can be annoying, but at the same time he kind of likes it because when he's at home it's always so lonely. He has Dusty but all she does is sleep and eat.

At around 9:30, after Noah and two of the strippers get there, Harry turns on the neon 'open' sign and then turns all of the different colored lights on. Not too long after the bouncers are letting in the line of people who were waiting outside. Harry goes into his office to work on some paperwork. The strippers may only have to dance to earn money, but Harry actually has to take care of the business side of things.

He has to make sure his clubs are getting enough publicity and that the bills are paid. He has to take care of inventory and make sure that the employees are doing their jobs at the other clubs too. He has people who are like assistant managers who help out and report what's going on and what needs to be done because obviously Harry can't be at all of them all the time.