6

"See that isn't too bad," Anne said then turned and looked around the club as did I till she tapped my arm. "What?" I asked looking from the dance floor to her. "look over there near the tables at the fine piece of specimen.

I looked over to where she was talking about and saw a tall guy about six- four, six-five, with blonde hair and what looked to be blue eyes. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. She always liked the typical "hot" guy with the blonde hair blue eyes.

"Here you go, ladies, enjoy," the bartender said after placing our drinks down. Anne turned and grabbed them before facing back towards the guy she saw and handed me my drink. "Thank you" I said before taking a sip of my Pina colada.

I sat there and watched as the guy Anne had her eyes on walked over to us with a friend of his. "Hello, ladies" the guy greeted. "Hi" we greeted back. "I am Nick and this here is my friend Tommy," Nick introduced the two of them.

But of course, he would have the "cute" guy name to go with the looks. "Hi," Tommy said. I waved and swallowed before speaking "hello" we replied back to him then took another sip of our drinks. "So, what brings you, girls, out tonight?" Nick asked as he took a seat next to Anne and Tommy took the now-vacant seat next to me. "Our school won the Rose Bowl and now we are going to nationals," Anne told him then placed her empty glass on the bar counter and looked at Nick.

"Oh, so you girls go to the University of Washington?" Tommy asked I looked over at him and smiled "yea we do," I answered. Nick went on to talking before him and Anne went to the dance floor. Tommy was about to say something but my phone went off so I looked at it and seen Gabe messaged me. I was quick to reply then put my phone back in my pocket.

Boyfriend or something?" Tommy asked looking over my shoulder at my phone "yea my boyfriend," I tell him. He sits back and looks at me "where is he at?" he asked and I was getting annoyed with these nosy questions. I know it's how you get to know someone but, to be honest, me being here in this club really annoys me. "He is the quarterback for Washington State so he is headed to the nationals," I tell him. I check my phone again then place it back in my pocket. "Well, he is a lucky guy to have a girl like you." I smiled at that compliment. "Thanks" he nodded his head then turned to the bartender and asked for a beer.

I kept my eye on Anne and Nick the whole time they were on the dance floor to make sure nothing happens. "Can I get you a drink?" he asked and I held up my barely touched Colada. "Well do you want to dance?"

I shook my head " no thank you" he sighed then got up and walked off to some other girl. I kept watching Anne until my phone went off again. I read the messages and laughed then replied back and turned my screen off and slipped my phone back into my pocket while Anne and Nick walked back over.

" Where did Tommy go?" Nick asked looking at the vacant seat that Tommy once occupied "went to ask a girl to dance" I replied and finished off my Colada. "Why didn't you go dancing with him?" Anne asked I placed my glass down on the bar and turned back to her "I didn't want to," I tell her and she rolls her eyes. Like she is shocked that I didn't go dance with Tommy, when she knows I don't wanna even be here in the first place. She then takes her seat and has the bartender line up some shots of hard liquor before she downs them every single one.

" Wow! you sure can put the liquor away can't you," Nick said looking at Anne in amazement. I looked at him. "Are you interested in her just for sex?" I asked plainly just to get the question out of the way. "Staci" Anne scolded then turned and apologized for what I asked. "It's ok she is just looking out for you. she is a great friend," Nick said.

I looked at him waiting for his answer. "And no, I am not with her for sex, she seems like a great gal so I came over to talk to her and dance with her then maybe go from there" he finally answered. I looked around and noticed a very very pissed off woman making her way over towards us so I looked back at Anne and Nick.

" So, the pissed-off looking chick that is making her way over here is nothing to do with you?" I asked and watched the color leave Nick's face before he turned and looked at the girl. "Hi baby," he said and she smacked the shit out of him. "Don't hi baby me, what the hell are you doing here? we were supposed to meet at my parent's place for dinner" the girl said. I bite my lip to suppress my smile. I knew something was going on with him. But a fiancee was not what I thought of.