8

month later~

I sat next to Gabe as he talked with different Coaches and spokespeople for NFL teams. After he talked to them, they decided to take a quick lunch so we got up and went to a local diner. "Alright, so you were there listening to all that was offered and said. now I want your opinion" Gabe tells me once we were seated.

"Well, I know that you should eliminate that teams you don't like then go from there, that way you have fewer problems separating the maybes from the definitely, "I tell him. We placed our food and drink orders then got back to the subject.

"Ok, so Denver, Miami, New England, Cowboys, Browns, Colts, Jaguars, and Tampa is out," he said naming the main ones that were a No off. "Ok that's a start," I said and waited for him to name off some more. " I don't want to play for Titans, Panthers, Texans, Chiefs, Redskins, Bills, Jets, or Vikings." he continued.

"Ok so that is sixteen out of thirty-two" he sighed and thanked the server after they placed the food and drinks down. "Well, I have something to tell you," I say as he put mustard on his burger then looked at me. "And I have something to tell you too, " He says. I placed the fry I had picked up back down. "Well, you first" I said wanting to hear his first. "I want to play for LA Chargers," he tells me.

"That is great that you picked a team" I assure him as if he was in doubt. "What did you want to tell me?" he asked " I got a job as the LA Chargers Medic," I tell him and laugh it was like a total coincidence. "No way really?" he asked and I nodded.

He smiled then leaned over to kiss me "that is great we should go out and celebrate after I tell the spokespeople and coaches my pick." He says then grins and kisses me again before sitting back down and smiling as if I told him he won the jackpot.

After we left the dinner we headed back and he told LA that they now have a new Quarterback. Once they signed him then drafted him. They shook hands and took care of what they needed to be done before they all left and we headed out to celebrate.

"I am so happy for you, and I can't wait till we get to work together, you in the trainers or medic's room and me playing the field and beating ass," he said laughing as we drove to pick up Tucker and Anne.

"I am so happy for you for picking the team you want and getting a foot in the door to be their official quarterback." he looked at me for a brief second then back at the road. "Yea but I would never have made up my mind if it wasn't for you" I looked at him and intertwined our hands. "I just gave my opinion you asked for nothing else. you made up your mind which team you wanted to play for."

He pulled up to the curb and honked his horn and we watched as Tucker and Anne walked out. I looked at Gabe in confusion but he shrugged and I looked back at the two laughing people that got into the car. "Hey Anne, hey Tucker" I greeted them as they buckled up "hey Staci," Anne said using my nickname she gave me after a drunk night out. "Hi Anastasia" Tucker greeted.

"Hi, two you both "Gabe said then drove off. "Hi, Gabe how did the meetings go?" Tucker asked as he reached up and patted Gabriel's shoulder. "Hi, Gabe" Anne greeted before he could answer Tucker's question. "They were long and boring till this little lady next to me helped me out when we went for lunch" he answered, I looked at him still not sure how I helped when I just gave my suggestion. "What did Staci do?" Anne asked as she locked hands with Tucker who smiled.

"She helped me make up my mind with which team I should go with" Gabe replies and I look from Anne to him and smile. "It was nothing big just my opinion" I tell her which she smiled then placed her hand over her heart. "Awe!" Anne said and looked at Tucker with adoration in her eyes.

They started talking quietly to each other while I looked out the window till I felt Gabe grip my hand so I looked at him and he winked. I smiled and winked back before leaning over and kissed his cheek."You missed baby" he said I giggled and shook my head at him "wait till we stop or get where we are going," I tell him.