Chapter : 9

Kyle's POV:
I was going towards Lexa's room but a guard came running by and stopped me.

" Prince Kyle, his majesty is expecting you in his office room." He said bowing.

" Tell him I can't come." I said.

" Sorry Prince but his majesty won't be happy. You must come. He said it was important." He said with scared tone.

Everyone feared of my dad because he was strict to all. I couldn't keep that guard in trouble because of me. If I didn't go, guard would get punishment so I agreed to go.

I entered dad's office. He was working with some paper work.

" Dad? You were expecting me?" I said calmly.

He looked at me and said " Kyle, have a seat. I have something important to tell you." He said in a serious tone.

" What is it dad? Is everything fine?" I said worrying.

" Everything is not fine and it will be fine if only you help." He said calmly.

" My help? What is that?" I asked curiously.

" You know Joe is good friend of mine but also he can harm our clan. Its true we are stronger but we can't risk to lose some vampires of our clan and its our responsibility to protect them." He started to explain.

" He wants to have alliance with our clan and that can be possible if you marry Lexa. You have to take her responsibility and make her happy." He stopped his words.

" Dad? Are you serious?" I asked getting up from chair.

" Yes I'm serious. But What's wrong with you?" He asked in a surprise.

" You know that no one likes Lexa here and not even me, dont you?" I said immediately.

" Kyle,things doesn't work like this. You are future King and you should think about your clan before your personal life. Its not easy being a King. You have no option." He said with anger.

" But Dad, If she got married to me, she becomes Queen and our clan will suffer for her rudeness. She is not capable to be a Queen also." I yelled.

" Stop yelling Kyle!!" a voice stroke from behind. It was mom.

" This is not a way to react... Kyle. Grow up. Think like a King. You will marry Lexa and its final. Not a single word." My mother shut me down.

I couldn't argue more in this so furiously I went out of the office.

" Don't worry dear, calm down, he will understand soon. Give him some time." I heard my mom say to my dad to calm him down.

Zune's POV :
I was getting bored staring at the walls. Once Ashley told me that there was a big royal library downstairs and I could go there whenever I want.

So I decided to visit library and spend my whole day reading books. Reading books was my hobby and I had wattpad on my phone for reading.

Since these vampires snatched away my phone visiting library was my option for reading.

I was going downstairs. My feet slipped on the stair and I was about to fall but a strong hand prevented me from falling. I had my eyes closed while slipping so I opened my eyes and saw Kyle holding on my waist smiling at me.

" You're so clumsy, aren't you?" He said chuckling.

" No I'm not. It's just that the stairs are slippery." I made an excuse.

" Not a nice excuse. You can see the stairs are covered with red carpets. They can't be slippery. It's you who is clumsy." He said laughing.

" Laugh how much you like but let go of me." I said as he was still holding me.