Chapter : 15

We both were shocked seeing each other.

" Kiara? Is that you?Are you Lexa's sister?" I said with the tears in my eyes.

Kiara burst out in tears and held my hand sitting infront of me. " Zune.. Its me Kiara. I'm sorry I hid everything from you but you are also a vampire. How you stepped into such a dangerous life?"

I couldn't control myself and started to cry. Kiara wiped my tears and I looked away. I was upset with Kiara. I always trusted her with everything and thought she was my bestfriend but she hid her identity with me.

" Zune I'm sorry. I have explanations. I hid everything for your safety. You would never believe me and may even hate me for my identity. Please try to understand. I need to know how you end up here."

What Kiara said was not wrong. I would not have believed her and I even didn't believed Kyle at first. So I told everthing that happened in those six months.

After finishing my words I burst out in tears and said " I finally thought I was free but again I was dragged here. My only mistake was to defend my friend and stay in that palace with Kyle around me."

" I'm sorry Zune. Lexa always was stubborn and cruel. Father never denied her wish and even I can't go against her. I'm helpless here that's why I chosed to stay far from this place." She said with despair in her eyes.

Kiara was Lexa's elder sister and they didn't have brother so Kiara was supposed to be heir. I asked this to her.

" Its true I'm her elder sister but I'm not pureblood so I can't be heir and Lexa is pureblood so she is heir. Lexa and I have same father but different mother. My mother is human." She said in low voice.

" I can't help you and I don't have powers. I only follow orders here otherwise they will kill my mother and she is sick and under treatment." She said crying.

I looked at her face and said " Are you incharge for torturing me?"

Kiara looked at me and said " No I'm incharge of prison. Lexa knew about us being best friends so she intentionally kept me incharge but she don't trust me for torturing you."

" I can't see you being tortured Zune but if I deny her, they will kill my mother." She said crying.

I felt bad for her. I knew the pain of not having mother by my side.

" Don't worry Kiara. I'm also a vampire and wounds can heal easily. I'm ready to bear every torture they give me. Nothing will happen to your mother." I said consoling her.

" B-But Zune..." She stood up with astonishment but her words was interrupted by other voice.

" Kiara!! do your work and stop your melodrama with your so called bestfriend." Lexa snipped at her.

Kiara wiped her tear, looked at me with sad face and walked out of prison.

Lexa got a whip on her hand and she started hitting me with it. I tried my best not to show pain. I knew I shouldn't show her my pain for her fun.

" This is for insulting me" 1 whip

" This is for remaining around Kyle" 2 whip

" This is for touching Kyle" 3 whip

" This is for hugging Kyle" 4 whip

" This is for dancing with him" 5 whip

After this the pain on my body was unbearable and I lost my half consciousness. She held my hair and yelled at me to wake up.

I smelt my own blood on my body. Lexa let go of me and I heard her saying " Who wants meal can have her but don't drain her out."

I felt a vampire near me who bit on my neck and sucked blood out of me. This made me weak and I blacked out.

Next day I was in deep sleep and someone splashed a bucket of cold water at me. I woke up. It was not Lexa. It was some other vampire.

He held my hair and said " Lexa sent me for rest of the torture with you. You will not wish to live but you can't die."

Saying this he released me out of chain and started hitting me.

They kept me in prison for long time maybe three months. They made me suffer but when they felt I would die they would give me treatment and again repeat same thing.

In these three months I suffered the nightmare no one could even imagine. I became very weak and thin. I had so many fractured bones and scars were all over my body.

My wound would heal fast but the pain and scars couldn't heal. I didn't see Lexa for long time but I heard the news that she was engaged with Kyle.

I also heard from the torturer that thier wedding was planned for next month. I felt very bad about the news. It was worst than the torture they gave. In these three months I realised that I actually loved Kyle.

It was more heart breaking that I might die before confessing my love. Whenever I thought it was my last day on earth, I would think of all the moments with Kyle but they wouldn't let me to die.

I was lying weak on the cold ground with half consciousness ang again I heard some noise. It was not regular noise of guards or Lexa, it felt like there was some kind of fight.

After some moment, I heard lots of vampires running and even some gunshots. I couldn't move but hear everything. One of the vampire opened the door of prison and yelled at me " You bitch!! because of you we are under attack. Now you will die."

Saying this he hit me on my head with something and I felt blood dripping from my head. My vision was turning blur but I heard another gunshot.

The vampire who hit me got shot and another vampire came running by and cupped my face with his hand.
" No Zune..don't close your eyes. I'm here please stay awake. I will take you to hospital. You can't leave me."

I realised this voice. It was Kyle. I had yo struggle to open my mouth for words and the pain was also intense.

" K-Kyle I-I..." when I was about to confess my love thinking It was my last breath with weak voice in lot of pain, I blacked out.