Chapter : 16

Kyle's POV :
After the day I last met Zune, we remained in touch through text messages only. She never talked with me and I never forced her to talk.

Somewhere in my heart, she had the place. I would have missed her more if she talked so our conversations got limited to texts.

Three months passed. Lots of things happened in these three months. I got engaged to Lexa because of my parent's pressure. The time of my crowning was just few months away so my parents forced me to get engaged and fixed marriage for next month.

I was surprised that Zune didn't react for this news and she took it lightly. As far as I knew her, she was concerned about me and was aware about Lexa. But also she didn't suggest me anything.

I started to feel that It was not Zune's text. To make sure of it, I planned to meet her the next day.

When I was working in palace office, I recieved a phone call from an unknown number.

(Kyle recieves the phone)
Kyle: Hello, Its Kyle. Who is this speaking?

Unknown: Kyle, Zune is in danger. Rescue her before she dies.

Kyle: What? Who are you? How she is in danger?

Unknown: I don't have much time to explain everything. Just I can say, I'm guilty for Zune and helping her. She has been captured by Lexa and it has been 3 months that she was tortured severely.

Kyle: How can I believe you? I was in touch with Zune. She texted me everyday.

Unknown: Don't waste your time thinking about it. Lexa sent you texts through Zune's phone so that you would not know anything.

Kyle: Just tell me who you are..

Unknown: Don't let Lexa know about any of these conversations. I'm Lexa's sister and also Zune's old bestfriend.

( The phone gets disconnected )

I was left in a shock after that phone call. As far as I knew about prisons in Sinister's palace, they remained harsh to their prisoners and tortured them in such a way that neither they could live nor die.

I always had nightmares about Zune but my nightmares were highly related to her all the time. Now all I could think about was how I could rescue her.

I called up Eden who was my nearest friend as well as leader of whole vampire army. Eden reached to me in no time.

I told him everything and said about my decision to attack over their palace to get Zune out.

He thought for while and said " Kyle, you are my good friend and I support you through all my heart but for attacking Sinister's palace I can't take command from you."

He continued " I can lead for attack only when the King gives me order. " He gave me upset look and waited for me to say something. He was right about what he said.

So I kept my hand on his shoulder said in his ear" I will bring orders from King now." His eyes widened after hearing this.

I left the room and reached to my Father. He was at the office looking through some documents.

I knocked on the door and he asked me to come inside.

" Kyle??What happened? Are you having some kind of problem?" He said keeping his documents on the desk and looking at me.

" Dad, Lexa imprisoned Zune. I want to attack Sinister's palace and rescue her." I said it all in one breath.

" What? Are you out of your mind to take risk of losing army for a girl?" He said standing up from his chair.

" Dad, they tortured her for three months. You know their cruelty don't you? And moreover, I will call off the engagement. Our clan doesn't need cruel Queen." I said looking down.

" But Kyle.. why you want to save that girl without thinking anything? You know that we will lose army after attacking in such small case." He said furiously.

" Dad, because I love her. She is most important for me. We have greater army and weapons than theirs so no need to worry." I said with confidence.

My father was about to speak but a voice struck my ear. " Take orders from me and go rescue your girl."

It was my mother. She was Queen and had equal rights as my father. My father looked at mother with surprised look while mother handed me the written letter of order.

I took the letter, hugged my mother and thanked her. She kept hand on my head and said " My baby boy is now grown up. Go and rescue your love. My best wishes are with you."

I smiled at her and ran towards Eden. I handed over him the letter and he immediately started to prepare for the attack.

We went to the army and gave orders.
" From the orders from our Queen amd Crowned prince, we have a task to do. We are going to attack on Sinister's palace tomorrow afternoon to save a girl named Zune who is imprisoned there."

" Our main target is to rescue Zune and catch their princess Lexa as well as their King alive. Prepare the best weapons." Eden and I gave orders.

All the soldiers agreed and I took Eden for some more information.

" Eden there's another person you need to find." I said looking at him.

" Whom are you talking about?" He said looking at me surprisingly.

I looked at him and said " Kiara. I'm talking about Kiara who informed me about Zune. She admitted that she was Zune's bestfriend and Lexa's sister."

Eden noded his head and said " Don't worry, I will surely find her."

Saying this he went to his home and I went to my room. I couldnot get any sleep thinking about condition of Zune.

The sleepless night passed thinking about Zune and the day came for attack.

I got ready with my gun and all the necessary things for the attack. All the army were ready and with one command all of them broke through the palace.

The war started and I ran towards prison clearing off the enemies killing them. I saw two guards on the prison door. I reloaded my gun and hit them to death.

I entered inside and saw a vampire hitting her on her head. I immediately killed that vampire with a headshot and saw Zune falling on the floor like a non living log.

Her clothes were all torn, dirty and covered with blood marks. The scars on her hands and legs were all visible. I sensed a smell of blood and saw blood dripping from her head.

I felt deep pain inside me seeing her in such condition. I raised her head and kept on my lap.

I called her name and hoped her to wake. I felt she listented to me and in response tried to speak something. The word she said before fainting was " K-Kyle I-I..."

I wondered what that sentence was.