2.

..next week

Sincere

"Wassuh, mama." I kissed my moms on the cheek as I walked into her house.

"Hey, son." She smiled, walking into the kitchen as I followed.

"Where maw maw?" I asked, referring to my grand mom.

"She went home." She said.

"Home, home?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and she nodded.

"Yeah, back to New Orleans." She said.

"She knew you were busy so she said she'd call you when she got back." She told me.

"I would've dropped everything fa' her." I said and she nodded.

"She knows but she didn't want you to, that's why she didn't say anything." She told me.

"Where's your brother?" She then asked.

"By my house." I told her and she nodded as I took a seat at the island.

"You hungry?" She asked.

"Always." I chuckled, rubbing my stomach.

"I was just about to make some gumbo." She said and I got excited.

"Oh, yeah. I'll take me some gumbo." I told her and she chuckled.

"When are you going to get you a nice woman that cooks for you, Sincere? You're always coming to your mama house to get a home cooked meal. Now, I'm not saying I don't enjoy the company but baybeh mama got a life too." She said and I sighed.

"Mama, I ain't worried about none of these luh' hoes right now." I admitted and she raised her eyebrows.

"No disrespect mama but they only want my money." I shrugged.

"Not everyone is after your money, Sincere." She went on.

"I know but I'm just not in tha' mood to figure out who is and who ain't." I shrugged.

"Ant found him a nice girl and now he's starting a family, I want the same for you." She said.

"I understand." I nodded my head.

**

Veronica

"V, you have a mansion in the most beautiful neighborhood in all of Jersey and you still decide to come over here and sleep on your mother's couch." My mom said to me, making me chuckle as I got comfortable on the sofa and ottoman.

"You're couch is so comfortable." I said to her as she chuckled.

A few moments later, my sister walked in.

"Mommy!" She yelled.

"I'm in the living room." She said as Tati came walking in.