13.

Veronica

"What's going on?" Sincere's grandma asked me as she walked me over to the couch to sit down.

"Sincere's about to go do something to the guy that did this to my face." I told her, breathing heavily, scared out of my mind.

"Okay, just calm down and tell me what happened to your face, baybeh." She instructed and I nodded.

"Me and Joy were walking back from the store and a guy that doesn't like Sincere pulled a gun out on us. He knows that Sincere and I are dating so he smacked me in the face with the gun I guess because he knew it was going to get to Sincere." I told her and she shook her head.

"Where's Sincere?" She asked, standing to her feet.

"He just ran out of here, we were just upstairs going back and forth about me giving him bullets to his gun." I snitched because I was scared as hell.

I didn't want Sincere to get arrested or do anything crazy because of this. We were only here a week and I wasn't leaving NOLA without him.

His grandma grabbed her phone and dialed someone's number, putting the phone to her ear.

"Ms.Mary, Sincere just got into the car with Draco and Bullet." Joy said urgently as she came into the house and I shook my head.

"Tell Sincere to bring his ass back hea'!" His grandma yelled into the phone at whoever was on the other line.

I couldn't hear what was being said on the other line but I knew she wasn't liking it.

"That's why I didn't want his ass back hea' in this city, it's nothin' but trouble." She snapped.

"See, that's why I told you not to say anything to him about it." I said to Joy as she sat next to me on the couch.

I knew Sincere was a hot head, I found that out the day he punched Charles and knocked him out because he called me out of my name. I could only imagine what he was about to do to Frank because of this.

"V, it would've been worse if we lied to him." She said and I nodded as she looked at my face.

"Come on, you're face is starting to swell." She grabbed my hand as I stood to my feet.

"There's ice in the freezer, baybeh." His grandma said with the phone to her ear and we nodded, walking towards the kitchen.

"I need to call him." I said to Joy as she got the ice from the freezer and grabbed a small sandwich bag.

"But, I know it's no talking him out of this." I admitted and she nodded.

"Let's just see wait and see what Ms. Mary can do." She said and I nodded.

She placed the small sandwich bag full of ice on my face as I winced.

"Just hold it on yo' face." She said, letting me hold it as I took a deep breath, putting it on my face as I felt it throbbing and I hissed.

"Veronica, baybeh." Sincere's grandma called as we walked out of the kitchen.

"Yes?" I answered as we walked back into the living room and sat on the couch.