44.

..filler

That night

Veronica

"Why didn't you tell us, India?" Tati asked her.

Us girls were all sitting in my mother's living room talking while the guys were out back, everyone else left since the reveal was over but the rest of us were just chilling around.

"It's embarrassing." India responded.

"Don't think of it like that." Joy told her.

"I can't think of it any other way, Joy. I don't want to bring another kid into this world, knowing that they won't have a real father figure plus he has a whole other baby on the way." India expressed and I felt for her, she didn't deserve any of this.

"You don't have to-"

"I'm not getting an abortion, Joy." She explained to her while Joy threw her hands up in defense.

"How did this even happen?" Tati asked.

"He came over one night to get Laila and I was vulnerable. Ant and I have been together for years, it was hard to resist him because unfortunately deep down inside there was still hope that we would get back together but now..I fucking hate him. Like with all my heart, I hate him." She expressed to us and we shook our heads.

"I'm so sorry, Indie." I got up to hug her once I saw that she was getting choked up.

"You'll get through this." Tati encouraged, coming over to hug her as well.

"Right and we're going to be by your side every step of the way." Joy spoke as we all hugged her.

"Thank y'all." She smiled.

Once we pulled away, we all looked up at Kamiyah standing there, watching us.

"Can we help you, ugly?" Joy asked, making me snicker.

"I just came to talk to India." She rolled her eyes at us.

We watched as she took a seat across from India, folding her hands in her lap.

"So you're pregnant too?" She asked India and India didn't say anything, she just stared at the girl blankly.

"Look I'm only asking because if so, I'm leaving him." She spoke again as if any of us cared.

"Honey, I don't care what you do. Don't worry about me and mine. You want answers then you ask your man, don't ever speak to me." India said simply, dismissing her and the girl's eyebrows rose.

"You're lucky that I'm even allowing you to be in my presence right now." She went on and Kamiyah looked distraught.

She sat there for a while as India looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Bye." India flagged her while she sat there.

We all looked at her wondering when she would leave as she sat there for a while longer before finally standing up.