16.

..2 hours later

Sincere

"Yeah, she talking to me again, we hashed shit out." I spoke confidently as I took two pulls from the blunt.

"Oh, that's why you over there blushing." Ant spoke making everybody in the car laugh.

"Man, shut up." I chuckled, rolling another blunt as I passed the other one.

"Oh yeah, she was looking for you too." Mike, my tattoo guy spoke.

"I know, I saw her. She had to leave, she was feeling sick. Matter fact, I need to call her and see if she aight." I spoke, putting the blunt I just rolled in between my lips as I patted my pockets.

"Anybody see my phone?" I asked, not feeling it in my pocket.

"Nah." They all said as the smoke filled the air.

Veronica

I looked at the pregnancy test I took a few hours ago and rolled my eyes as I sat on the toilet, putting my head in my hands. I began to cry my eyes out as I sobbed, trying to figure out what the hell I was going to do. I never expected anything like this to happen, not now, not this soon.

I breathed heavily, wiping my face as I grabbed my phone from the sink and called Sincere. The phone rang for a while but he didn't answer as his phone went to voicemail and I sighed, crying harder.

A few moments later, I called again and the phone rang for a while before he finally answered.

"Sincere." I whined into the phone before he could say anything.

"Wassuh, baybeh. I was just about to call you back, I couldn't find my phone." His voice came through the phone and I began to cry, nervous to even tell him what was going on.

"What's wrong?" He asked once he heard me crying.

"Aye, can y'all shut the fuck up." He said to whoever was in his background.

"V, what's goin' on?" He asked concerned as I sobbed, wiping my face.

"Talk to me." He went on.

"I'm-" I started but stopped.

What if he doesn't want a kid.

What if he denies it's his.

What if he thinks I'm trying to pin a baby on him.

My mind ran a mile a minute as I sat there scared to say anything.

"Baybeh." He said calmly, comforting me in a way.

"Tell me what's wrong so I can fix it." He said and I took a deep breath, wiping my face.

I swallowed hard as he waited and listened.

"I'm pregnant." I told him, bawling once I heard myself actually say it out loud.

The other end of the phone was silent as I cried, putting my phone on speaker and sitting it onto the sink as I put my face in my hands. I was so nervous for what he was going to say next.