12.

..hours later
10pm

Sincere

"Wassuh, maw maw?" I smiled as V and I walked into her house.

"Hey, baybeh." She smiled, hugging me.

"Where y'at?" I asked her.

"I'm fine, baybeh. I told you, you didn't have to come all the way out here fa' nothing." She smiled as we pulled back.

"I know you're busy, baybeh." She said and I shook my head.

"I'm never too busy fa' you." I explained and she nodded, smiling.

She looked up to me and then down at V as I smiled, turning around.

"And this is your friend, Veronica?" She asked me and I nodded, stepping to the side as V stood there nervously.

"Hello." She spoke to my maw maw, holding her hand out for a handshake.

My maw maw looked at her hand and chuckled.

"She's polite and beautiful." She said to me, pulling V in for a hug.

"We do hugs around hea' baybeh." She told V as she smiled.

"It's so nice to meet you, Sincere has told me so much about you." V said.

"Yeah, he won't stop talking about you either." My maw maw told her as V giggled and I smacked my lips.

"Aight, maw maw." I butted in.

"Boy, get y'all bags and take them upstairs while I talk to Veronica." She said and I smacked my lips, grabbing our bags.

"You hungry, baybeh?" She asked V as they walked the opposite way.

I made my way upstairs to the old room that I used to stay in when we lived here. My maw maw had a room for me in her house because I would always come over here when my mama was nagging.

I walked into the room and it looked exactly the same, just clean and more organized. I dropped our bags on the floor and started looking through everything. There was a bunch of CD's and old boxes. One in particular stood out to me and it was my Nike shoe box that read Don't Touch.

I chuckled to myself, shaking my head. I grabbed the shoe box from under all of the other boxes and pulled it out. I sat down on the full sized bed and opened it. There was a gun, a box of magnums with only 2 left in the box and an opened wrapper for one, a small bag of weed and a phone.

"I forgot all about this shit." I said to myself.

-

Veronica

"Sincere." I called, walking into the room as he looked up at me, closing a box.

"What's that?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and he shook his head.

"What is it?" I asked again.