49.

Sincere
1 month later
Day after Veronica's due date

I watched as V hunched over the banister in the hallway, screwing her face up from all the pain she was currently going through. It's the day after her due date and her water still didn't break. My entire family came to Jersey for this so I knew she was feeling the pressure even more. Though she wanted Sinclair out now, the doctor told us to give it a week before they consider inducing the labor.

"Sincere." She whined, closing her eyes tight as I walked up to her.

"You want to walk around some more?" I asked as she slowly stood up straight.

"No, I just want her out."

"Now." She snapped.

"Aight, baybeh. Well what do you want to do? You want me to call the doctor?" I asked and she shook her head.

"She won't do anything."

"You want to eat some hot Cheetos and hot pickles?" I asked her, trying to cheer her up with what she's been craving most lately.

Plus the doctor told us that spicy foods would help with getting her water to break.

"No." She said as I pulled her to me and bent down to kiss her forehead.

"You want to try having sex again?" I asked and she pouted, shaking her head.

"Aight. Come on, let's just walk some more." I told her, grabbing her hand as she slowly followed.

"Cousin, Sincere is the baby here yet?" Jasmine came running up the staircase.

"No not yet, Jas." I told her as V and I slowly began to walk down the stairs with her in front of us.

"What's taking her so long?" She pouted, walking down the stairs backwards.

"She's not finished yet.." I trailed off.

"Get off the stairs like that, Jasmine!" My aunt Jhene yelled at her once she saw what she was doing.

"You alright, V?" She asked V as we finally reached the bottom of the staircase.

"I'm just ready for her to get out of me." She pouted, rubbing her stomach.

"Aw, she'll be here soon. Watch." My aunt encouraged, taking her away from me as they walked the opposite way.

I sighed, sitting down on the staircase next to Jasmine who currently looked like she was in deep thought.

"What's wrong, baybeh?" I asked her.

"I just want to see the baby." She said and I nodded.

"Me too." I admitted.

"Can I call her Clair Clair?" She asked randomly

"You can call her whatever you want, Jas. It's yo' luh' Cousin." I told her and a huge smile spread across her face.

"Can she hurry up?" She asked, making me laugh.

"She'll be here soon, aight?" I assured her and she nodded, standing to her feet and running off.