~17~

*Warning* There's mentions of alcoholism, abuse, and sexual assault. If anyone isn't comfortable with reading things like that then...just skip this chapter. 

Jeongin's POV

It's been months since Chris has broken things off with me. It's been hard for me to accept the reality that I no longer have anything to do with Chris. We occasionally walk past each other in the halls without making any eye contact. But that's about as much interaction we ever get. 

I haven't been having as much of a hard time now because I have found someone who truly loves me, and that's Kim Seungmin. We've been dating for six months now. I'm really fortunate to have him in my life. He's so caring, nice, smart and funny. All points that I could ever want in a boyfriend. 

I remember the day we met in person, oh so vividly. It was the saddest yet happiest day of my life. 

The day that Jeongin met Seungmin

After admitting that I wanted to test the waters with him, I got a text to meet him at the old abandoned park next to JYP High. Was this a really good idea? Jisung warned me about him that he's basically like another Minho. I decided not to listen to him. Despite Minho being quite the promiscuous person, he's a thousand times of a better person than Chris will ever be. 

At least Minho didn't tease me about my weaknesses. At least he didn't act like he liked me, such as taking my first kiss then making out with his ex right in front of me, then the next day tell me that things between us were off even though the bet doesn't end till another week. 

It was late in the night, probably about 11 pm. I woke up, and quietly got out of my bed, making sure not to make a single sound, put on a hoodie and jeans, and carefully made my way down the stairs.

Don't you hate it when you're trying to sneak off somewhere but it seems like every step you take, you're making a really loud noise? The biggest obstacle are the stairs. If you have noisy stairs like me then you'd know exactly how I feel. 

Luckily I was able to get down from them with ease and minimal sound. I moved to my door, opened and carefully closed it. I made my way to the park and I noticed that Seungmin wasn't there. I made a small sigh. I wouldn't be surprised if he stood me up. 

However there was something in me that just wanted to wait a couple minutes to see if he actually would come. I sat in one of the swings and began to swing myself back in forth. Just then I saw the shadow of a tall figure standing in front of me. I looked up to see that it was in fact Seungmin. 

Wow. That picture of him really doesn't do justice. Out of nervousness I was only able to mutter out a single "Hi." He gave me a warm smile. "Hello to you too! I know what you're going through right now. You're nervous right?" "U-um yeah." "It's okay you haven't really seen me in a long time ever since, well, Kindergarten and we've never bumped to each other at school due to scheduling." "Yeah last time I saw you were like this tall." I say as I put my hand above the ground, starting from my knees. But now look at you! You're massive." He made a small laugh at my remark.

"More like you were that small hahaha. Oh yeah, and there's this thing called puberty that happened to me, I don't know if you've heard about it before." he says while looking up and down at me. I pout my cheeks in anger "Hey it hit me too! Just...not as hard." he chuckled then ruffled my hair. It was an action that Chris used to do so I was kind of uncomfortable with it and pulled back. 

He seemed to notice how uncomfortable I was too so he quickly put his hand back to his side. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable I was jus-" "It's nothing really it's just that...Chris used to do that to me back when we were...you know." I said as I focused my gaze on the mulch-filled ground.