~25~

Chan's POV

There I am, standing completely still and frozen upon hearing the first couple of words of the doctor's sentence. 

"I'm so sorry...to make you worry so much. Kim Woojin is doing just fine." The doctor finishes. 

A wave of reliefs rushes through my whole body and I'm able to breathe normally now. 

 "Oh god...thank you! You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that!" I exclaim as I pounce onto the doctor and give him a big massive hug. 

"You're welcome...now uh can you please get off of me?" The doctor asks with a slight awkward tone to his voice. 

"Oh uh yeah sorry, just got overly excited that's all." I force out a fake laugh and instantly let go of the older man. 

"Oh my god, Chan touched another man?! Wait till I tell Jeongin!" Hyunjin declares.

"Oh ha ha very funny Hyunjin. Also what was up with the tears? Your crying is what led me to think that Woojin might not have been okay." 

"Yeah I was crying, crying tears of joy. But in all honesty I wanted you to think that something went wrong, to tell you the good news and for you to be more surprised about it!" Hyunjin says as his pearly whites show through his big smile. 

"You're a dick you know that?" I say as I'm giving him a glare. 

He lets out a light chuckle. "What can I say? I'm a great actor." 

"Maybe a little too good for your own good." 

"Oh don't be like that Chan! Come on, let's go see how Woojin is doing." Hyunjin slowly and quietly opens the door and waits for me to enter first by which I do so. 

As I get in, I'm met with woojin having a sling on his arm, lying in a hospital bed.

I make my way towards him. I give him a warm smile. "Woojin you're not dead! Good going my dude!"

I then hold out a fist to him. He weakly smiles, nods and softly bumps my fist.

"So how long is he going to keep wearing that thing around his arm untill he's fully recovered?" I turn my head to the doctor.

The room stays quiet for a few moments while everyone is averting their gaze from mine including Woojin.

"Do you want me to tell him?" The doctor asks Woojin. He slowly nods and turns his head away so that he's facing the view of the outside through the window.

"What's wrong? He's okay right? The surgery was successful. You told me that he's doing just fine."

"Getting the bullet out of him was successful. However...he tore a large portion of his rotator cuff. Usually small ones heal within months, his case it might not heal properly, so there's a chance that he might not-"

"That's enough I don't want to hear the rest of it." I say as I turn to Woojin once again.

"Always find me yeah? I'm not gonna leave you behind" I say sternly to him.

To which he smiles and nods once more. "Thanks for sticking by my side but isn't your boyfriend more important though?"

"Yes he is. I mean no. I mean maybe. I mean right now-" I try to compile a bunch of words to explain what I'm thinking but whatever I say, it just turns out wrong.

"What Chan means is that, he wasn't the one that got shot and almost died. You're in much worse condition than he is. If he stayed with Jeongin and something went wrong during from the operation, he wouldn't have a chance to say goodbye and thank his best friend." Hyunjin explains in the best way possible.