Chapter 31

It had been a grueling 2 months, but Hanamura was finally free from Akako's control. In that time, Overwatch had become less weary of Reaper.

"Hanamura is finally free," Sombra sighed then dramatically fell onto one of the seats.

"Yeah, now we wait for the next crisis to come on down," Mccree said sitting next to her.

"Yes, but we need to have a meeting real quick. So don't get comfortable," S. 76 told them making the pair groan annoyed.
Overwatch gathered in the meeting room, "Reaper should be recruited to Overwatch."

No one complained, "no complaints? Interesting," Ana observed.

"If you had asked 2 months ago, there would be," Phara stated.

"Yes, he's proved that he changed," Zarya agreed.

"Everyone deserves a second chance," Zenyata stated. "This could be his."

"So who wants to give him the news?" S. 76 asked.

"Angela," everyone except Angela said in unison.

"Glad there are things we can agree on," Angela rolled her eyes in amusement.

Angela left the meeting room and went in search for Reaper. She looked everywhere but couldn't find him "Athena?" She asked the AI. "Where's Reaper?"

"He would seem to be on the roof," Athena responded.

Angela thanked the AI then went to the roof, upon arriving she saw that he was standing and watching the sunset, "beautiful view," she said standing next to him.

"Yeah," he nodded. "I'm guess your breaking some news?"

"Yes, the news that we want you on Overwatch."

"Where you the deciding?"

Angela smiled and shook her head, "no, it was unanimous."

"Surprising," Reaper replied. "I'll stay."!Angela smiled and hugged him, he returned the hug, "but I need to give you something."

Angela looked at him, "what is it?"

Reaper took a step away from her and removed his mask. He took out a small box and Angela gasped. He opened it to reveal a ring.

"I wanted to give it to you before the accident. I just didn't have the guts to tell you I wanted to be with you forever," Reaper told her. "I'll understand if you don't want it."

Angela took the ring and put it on her finger, "I'll love you forever and always."

The two shared a kiss then watched the sun set on the horizon, as an old love breathed new life....

And that then end of this book!!! I really enjoyed writing this book and I know there was a HUGE gap between the chapters of this book but it really was a joy writing this. I'll post a new chapter when the next book (the prequel) will be under construction. I'll also be posting a bunch of other books that I've been working on. LOVE YOU GUYS AND THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!