Chapter 6

chapter 6 || on a date

     Yanan paced back and forth inside his room when a message popped up on his screen.

ELKIE:
THIS IS IT.
I'm here now. And
i'm super nervous. gee

YANAN:
... do u really have to

[deletes]

keep safe...

[deletes]

hope you enjoy! :)

[deletes]

If he asks you for a
second date, I'm
throwing a feast.
Hahaha! Have fun!

[sent]

     Yanan closed the chatbox and opened Kele's.

YAN:
Kele

KEL:
Yanan

YAN:
Elkie went on a date.

KEL:
Shoot.

KEL:
With who?

YAN:
someone she met
last night.

KEL:
How do u feel abt that

KEL:
U ok?

YAN:
Yeah. Just... feeling a
bit weird. Idk

YAN:
when she told me this
morning. the... atmosphere
was just... weird. idk

KEL:
YANAN

KEL:
MAKE UP YOUR MIND

KEL:
DO YOU LIKE HER OR NOT??

KEL:
Not platonically.

     Elkie tucked strands of hair behind her ear as she waited for Mingyu outside her apartment. He said that he was near. In just a few minutes, a white car parked in front of her place. Mingyu honked once and then he came out of the car, smiling charmingly at her. "Hi, Elkie." He greeted.

     "Hi! Whoa, you really came." She said smiling as she approached the car.

     Mingyu opened the car's door for her. "What makes you think I won't?" He asked, smiling before he shut the door and ran towards the driver's seat. "You have no idea how glad I am that you called." He said.

     She smiled just a little shyly. "So, where are we going?"

     "To the best place for food." He said as he drove away. They didn't talk much during the car ride. Maybe they were both saving it for the actual dinner. Elkie looked out the window as Mingyu parked outside a tall building. "We're here." He said, getting off first to open the door for her and then he tossed the key to a valet guy and guided her inside.