Chapter 25

Chapter 25 | being loved

     Elkie got so drunk she doesn't even remember the things she did or the things she said last night. It was the first time that she threw up the morning after drinking that much and Yanan just had to witness it.

Of all things to be happening at the moment, she surely didn't expect Yanan to come out with: “Have I ever told you that I love you?”

If she felt like her head was going to burst earlier, now it was her heart's turn. Her eyes warmed up and she just knew she was going to cry and there was no way to not do it. Those were words she'd been longing to hear from him. “What did I say last night? Did I say something stupid? Why are you suddenly saying that?” She asked.

Yanan smiled, pinching her nose lightly. “I just realized I might not be doing so well at this dating thing.” He said. “I'm sorry.”

“What are you sorry for?”

“Since it's my first time dating,  I'm not sure about a lot of things. I'm not sure, if I'm doing them right. To be honest, I thought we wouldn't have problems because we've known each other for so long, but I realized being romantically involved is really different.” Yanan took her hands and continued, “But just know this, I may not be sure about a lot of things, but I most certainly have no doubts about how I feel for you.”

“Yanan...”

“I'm in love with you, Elkie. I'm crazy about you. If only you have any idea how much my friends tease me about it.”

She began to smile.

“So, since we're both still getting used to this thing, let's help each other. Tell me, if I did something wrong, or something that hurt you. I'll tell you, if you did that instead. That way, we'll never have to spend so much time with heavy hearts. I want what we have to be honest and real the way our friendship had been through all these years.”

Elkie hugged him warmly. “I'm sorry, too. I thought I was struggling alone with this thing. That was really selfish.”

“I did notice you've been ignoring me.”

She chuckled. “I was jealous and I didn't want to tell you because you hate it when I am being like that about your best friend.”

Yanan pulled away. “You're jealous of Kele again?”

She nodded sheepishly.

“Aiyoo, she's just a friend. A friend who's been with me through thick and thin even when she's mostly far away, so I can't just throw away what we have. I love her, but it's not the same kind of love I feel for you.”

“You said she's pretty!” Elkie said, pouting.

He chuckled. “But that's just a normal thing between her and me. When we were younger, Kele has always thought less of herselfㅡin a lot of things. So, I just want to be one of the people who remind her what she really is. Me saying that she's pretty doesn't exactly mean I want to date her.”

“You wouldn't want to date her?”

“Years ago? Yes.” He said with all honesty. “But now, it's different. We're now both in love with someone else.”

Elkie nodded. “Alright, I won't be silly anymore.”

Yanan laughed. “You're cute when you're drunk and when you're jealous, but I'm scared when you're mad at me because you won't talk to me and not talking to you makes me feel incomplete somehow.”

She pulled away. “Wait.” She said, running to the bathroom.

His brows furrowed. “What's wrong?”