Chapter 12

chapter 12 | i like you, what can i do

     Elkie drank the strong coffee in one shot just to wake herself up. She patted both of her cheeks repeatedly. Mingyu laughed beside her. "You still look so sleepy, Elkie-ssi."

     She nodded. "I couldn't sleep last night, and then when I finally did, it felt like I just closed my eyes for five seconds and my alarm was already squealing at me."

     "Well, it's Sunday. I don't think we'll do much today. Many of the actors really dislike working on Sundays." Mingyu pretended to whisper.

     "Really? Whoa, amazing. I can get several hours of sleep in this cold weather." She said smiling, and then she remembered last night. She looked at Mingyu. "Can we eat outside if we get off early? I want to talk about something with you."

     "Of course, I was going to ask you out on a date but you seem like you really need to rest."

     She chuckled nervously. "No, I can manage. Don't worry."

     "Then, I'll make a reservation for an early dinner."

     "Okay!"

• •

     "Kele!" Yanan exclaimed once his friend answered the video call.

     "Why are you so hyper?" She asked, looking very... much like she just woke up. Her hair was like a bird's nest and she's still wearing pyjamas.

     "Did you just wake up? Where are you? That house is not familiar..."

     Wooseok suddenly appeared behind her and waved at the camera. "Good morning, Yanan."

     "Ohhhh!" He exclaimed. "Did you guys sleep together?"

     "Yeah,"

     "No!"

     They both replied at the same time. Yanan laughed. "What really?"

     "We slept together." Wooseok said frowning.

     "He means slept next to each other. That's different." Kele clarified.

     "How is that different? We slept in one bed so that's sleeping together-"

     Yanan cleared his throat loudly. "I really don't need details."

     Kele laughed. "Why did you call?" She asked, drinking the coffee that Wooseok gave her.

     "I... I think I screwed up."

     "Did you kill someone?"

     "No, actually, worse. I confessed to Elkie." He said.

     The coffee bursts out of her mouth. "Ugh. Gross." Yanan complained.

     "Tell me about it." Wooseok said deadpan.

     Kele wiped her mouth with a tissue. "Stop teaming up on me." She said and turned to him wide-eyed. "Really? You really did? What did she say? How did she react?"

     "I don't know."

     "What do you mean?"