One | Two Years

Edited 04/18/20

Bella Ryan

"Broken girls blossom into warriors."

♤♤♤

Two years later

Years of living in New York has its advantages. Within that time span, I've managed to gather many connections: both inside the government and the 'illegal' world.

All of a sudden, my business phone rang. I accepted the call without sparing a glance on the caller's name.

"This is Red, speaking." I say, introducing myself by my false name.

"It's Ricco." The caller replies. Ricco is one of my connections in the illegal world. He leads a local gang in the city. Not too big, but shouldn't be underestimated either.

"What can I do for you, Ricco?" I ask, sitting up straight on my white bed.

"I've got another job for you and the pay is high." He informs, making me grin.

"Enlighten me." I say, urging him to continue.

"The lads and I caught Elmo Lang, he's now in the warehouse as we speak." He explains.

"Lang? America's highest paid human trafficker?" I ask, my eyes wide.

Elmo Lang has been roaming the streets of New York for almost two months now. As I've said, he is America's highest paid human trafficker. He is in the top wanted list of the country. And because of that, he is continuously moving from state to state to avoid the authorities.

"Yes, and we believe he has valuable information and has connections with the Sicilian Mafia." He says as I clench my fists at the mention of the Sicilian Mafia. The mafia that mercilessly killed my family.

"And I suppose you want me to get him to talk?" I question.

"Affirmative, Red." He answers.

"Physically or mentally?" I inquire, a menacing smirk appearing on my face.

"Preferably both." Ricco chuckles from the other line.

"I'll be there in thirty." I say before ending the call.

I go in my walk-in closet and change into my 'work' clothes: which usually consisted of my tight red crop-top and black leather jeans along with my black leather jacket and combat boots. I tie my hair into a tight ponytail and put on a bit of make up.

After all, a lady needs to look decent while doing business.

I grab my helmet and head out of my house. Climbed on my bike and quickly made my way to the warehouse.