Seven | Hope

Edited 11/22/19

Edited 11/22/19

River Carson
__________

Hope

I heard footsteps coming close.

Someone is coming.

I quickly hid in the farthest corner of my cell, making as little noise as possible.

A shadow of a person slowly came into view. It was a woman, about a couple years older than me. She was dressed in a faded leather jacket and black croptop and pants.

She held a rifle, an AR-15.....I think. Guns were never my specialty, that's why I always hid behind a computer.

I tripped on my foot and tumbled a bit. Thankfully, I caught myself and hoping that the woman didn't hear nor see me.

And boy was I wrong.

"Come out." The woman growled making me reveal myself. She met my gaze.

Her eyes were a dark shade of green, holding no emotion. She was one of them, and if not, there is still a great possibility that my life will end upon her hands.

Them. The people who captured me. The ones who took my sister, the only family I had.

If only I wasn't smart, if only I wasn't a hacker, my sister and I could've had the normal life we hoped for. But now, I don't even know where she is, whether she's alive or not.

"Pl-please." I croaked out. "Do-don't hurt m-me." I begged, hanging onto the last bit of hope I have. Hoping that this woman had no intention to kill me. I am the only person my sister has.

"Don't worry, I'm not one of them. I came to rescue you." She informed making me release a breath. There's still hope.

"Is there anyone else locked in thece cells?" She asked while picking the lock open, in a matter of seconds, it opened.

"I d-don't think so." I answered.

She told me to follow her towards the exit of the building.

After a few steps, she stopped.

"Going anywhere?" A gruff voice said behind us. She turned around, hiding me behind her.

A man was now in front of us, gun in hand.

"Yes, so if you don't mind we'll get going." The woman hissed making me flinch at the harshness of her voice.

"Sorry to disturb your trip then." He said as he raised his gun towards the woman. I gulped at sight of his gun.

"Now who are you?" The man asked the woman in front of me.

Her face was masked with annoyance, "Again?" She whined. "Do people live under a rock or something?" She complained, throwing her hands in the air.