Forty-Five | Connection

Gray

Gray

———

Connection

♤♤♤

"But my job is to protect him from being killed by you."

Isabella's eyes widened in shock, disbelief crossing her features

"You're kidding,"

"I'm not," I shrug. "That is my mission. I thought it was gonna be an easy job but seeing as you're here, I'm guessing it will be the opposite."

"Shit." She comments, probably blaming herself for exposing her intentions to the enemy.

"Now if you don't mind, I still have matters to attend to." I tell her, letting her arm go before I took a step back, freeing her from my hold.

"Don't even think of entering the guy's room, you should know that I'm not his only guard." I say before fleeing the place, finding where Lorenzo was.

♤♤♤

"Lorenzo, voi idiota." I exclaim. He had left me alone with Cairo earlier, saying that he needed to check out the place first before the guys steps a foot on it.

[Translation: Lorenzo, you idiot.]

"What?" He questions, confused.

"Are you seriously slacking off right now? We came here to guard a man not to relax on top of a fucking ship." I say, giving him a look.

I had looked all over the place for him, only to find him alone on the ship's decks.

"Slacking off? Like I said, I just checked the area." He shrugged.

"Checked by doing what? By simply leaning on a railing and admiring your surroundings?" I questioned.

"Partly, yes. You'll never guess who's here with us."

"Who?"

He let out a breath. "Red."

Wow, shocking.

"I know," I deadpanned.

"I guess she bumped into you after tailing your tracks." He shrugged.

"Tailing my tracks? How did you know she followed me?" I inquire.

"She told me." He shrugged again.

"She told you? Did you talk with her?" I ask with a sharp tone.

"Why not? I don't see a problem with that." He looks at me with a questioning stare. "Do you not want me to talk to her? Are you jealous?" He laughs.