Nine | Lover

Edited 11/26/19

Edited 11/26/19

Isabella Moretti

__________

Lover

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my door. "What?!" I respond.

"Come to my office in 10, Bella." Lucas replies from behind my door.

"Alright." I respond. With that, I hear his footsteps slowly fade.

I got up as soon as I was unable to hear his footsteps. I head to my closet to pick out some clothes before taking a quick cold shower in the bathroom. I slip into my clothes before heading to Lucas' office.

I enter his office after knocking a few times and saw him sitting on his chair, with a face showing a look of.....anger?

"Lucas?" I say making him snap his head up. His eyes showed no emotion except of anger. Like a switch in him was flipped.

I knew Lucas had this personality. One second he's quirky, the next second he's cold. I swear he is bipolar or something.

"So..." I start saying, taking a seat in front of his desk. "What do you want to talk about?" I ask.

"The Sicilian fucking mafia, that's who." He answers in a pissed off tone.

"Oookay. What did they do?" I say in a slow tone. I really don't want to get on his bad side this early in the morning.

He sighs before saying: "They bombed up one of my drug-labs at Los Angeles and one of my casinos at Vegas."

"The damage was estimated to be over a hundred million." He continues through gritted teeth.

"That sounds bad." I say. If I was in his position, I'd be pissed too.

"I'm guessing I have something to do with it?" I ask. He called me in his office to tell me about all of this, after all.

"No." His answer surprised me, but then he added: "We have something to do about it." He says with a mischievous smirk.

"We? As in the two of us?" I ask just to make everything clear.

"Yep." He replies popping the p. People should really stop doing that, it's weird.

"You and I are going to spy on one the Sicilian's drug-labs in California." He says making my eyes wide.

"In California?" I ask.

"Yes. We're going later in the afternoon. We'll be back by tomorrow." He informs.

"Are you kidding? California is like a hundred miles from where we are in New York right now!" I roll my eyes at his stupid-ness.

Why go to California when we can just go to their other drug-labs much closer to New York?

"No, I'm kidding." He says, unfortunately with a sarcastic tone.

"I can't believe you." I say, rolling my eyes for the second time.

"We leave this afternoon so pack your bags enough for three days. That's all." I say, before shooing me to leave.

I cannot believe this guy!

"What do we ride?" I ask, slowly losing patience.

"Did you really think we're riding a car?" He scoffs before adding: "Honey, you underestimate me. I have a private jet of my own." He chuckles as I huff in annoyance.

"Whatever. I need to go pack." I say before exiting his office. Grabbing an apple on my way back to my room to pack.

I don't actually need to bring much. Just my usual clothes, undergarments, and of course, my leather jacket. My laptop and my guns were separated and are in my back-pack.

I get out of my room, my suitcase and backpack in-hand before getting downstairs to the living room. I head for the couch as I observed everyone.

Everyone was wearing a wide grin on their faces and are huddled close to the door. Like they are waiting for someone to arrive.

I spot Jace by the hallway, looking as confused as I am.

"Jace!" I call out. He met my gaze before heading towards me, plopping himself next to me on the couch.

"Do you know what's happening?" My used-to-be partner asks.

"I'm as clueless as you are, mate." I chuckle as Jace spotted my luggage.

"Going somewhere?" He asks.

"Yep. We're going to California this afternoon." I inform him.

"And who is this 'we'?" He asks, making quotation marks.

I rolled my eyes. "Lucas and I."

"He said we needed to spy on one of The Sicilian's drug-labs in California." I inform him as he nodded in understanding.

"Oh, well. Goodluck." He winks at me making me roll my eyes again.

Just as he said that, a woman entered the house and was immediately greeted with hugs.

She had shoulder-length platinum blonde hair, fair skin and was slightly taller than me. She had this...cheery aura surrounding her. And I can tell that she is one of the most respected people in this gang.

"Where's Luke?" She asks with a nickname for Lucas, her British accent evident within her voice.

"Missed me?" Lucas said, out-of-nowhere, with a wide grin on his face.

Immediately, they both ran in for a tight hug that lasted for forever.

Who is this woman?

"So glad to see you're back, Keira." He said before pecking her lips.

He kissed her!

I shouldn't make such a big deal about this but, shouldn't I have known this?! I am his business partner after all.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against them two and I'm sure as hell I ain't jealous.

The point is Lucas should've told me he had a girlfriend. That stupid son-of-a-bitch.

>>><<<
OMFG GUYS! We're at 750 reads! I can't thank you guys enough yall are spoiling meee.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyouuuu

I had a quick break for a week since i was too caught up with schooollllllll.

But i hope you liked this chapter. And what do you think of Lucas' girlfriend, Keira?

Do you think she's the typical-bitch-girlfriend or is she going to be kind and beat that stereotypical clichè role?

Anyways, that's all for this chapter!

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE

Xoxo,

Pat