Ten | Raven

Edited 11/26/19

Edited 11/26/19

Bella Ryan
__________

Raven

I watched Lucas and Keira for a while as they both drown in a conversation before they stopped and Keira met my gaze.

I raise my brow as she started heading towards me, her short hair flowing behind her in waves.

"Hi! Bella right? I'm Keira." She says, handing out a hand for me to shake.

I stood up and shook her hand before saying: "Nice to meet you, Keira." I send her back a smile.

"Wait, you look familiar..." I think, focusing intently on her details.

"You probably recognize me from a mission few years back? " She says.

Wait she's also been in the same mission I was in? What are the odds. That must mean she's also an assassin.

Though I can't seem to remember her code-name.

Sometimes, I tend to be offered missions together with other assassins. We acknowledged each other by our code-names. But of course, I knew the names of the people I worked with.

The advantages you get of being the best assassin in the business, I guess.

"Umm, you remember Raven?" She says.

I immediately knew who she was talking about.

"Wait, you're Raven?!" I exclaim making her nod. My mouth broke into a wide grin as I pulled her into a hug.

Keira Lei Pierce. Or most commonly known as 'Raven'. One of my partners back at the Russian-Bombing-Mission.

4 years ago - before I moved back to America - I was offered a mission to Russia to compromise a bio-weapon facility which was basically a factory for biochemical weapons. Nukes, Poisonous gas bombs, chemically-enhanced guns and more bio-chemical weapons you can think of.

It was a major threat not only to other businesses in the criminal world but also to the safety of the whole world. One mass use of those weapons can cause havoc and chaos. Hell, it can even kill all life on this forsaken planet!

Basically, about a hundred people were in this mission. Few of them were even from the government. About a dozen assassins were in this mission. And I was one of the team leaders. I remember Keira being one of the assassins in the mission.

So, she must be doing an amazing job at being an assassin if she got in that mission.

"It's been what? Four years?" I chuckle as we pulled out of the hug.

"Yep, time flies by so fast, how have you been lately?" She asks, shifting her foot from time to time.

"Eh, been here, been there." I answer, shrugging my shoulder.

"You must be pretty busy, I mean, you're the Red!" She chuckles, a bit nervous.

I mean, I can't blame her. I'm quite known to have a reputation and only a few people have personally met me. So if roles were reversed, I'd freak out too.

"It's nice to finally know your real name! Back on the mission all of us only knew you as 'Red' and it's tru-" I cut her off before she could continue her rant.

"Woah, calm down." I chuckle.

"Sorry, I guess I'm just a big fan." She says sheepishly.

"That's okay." I smile before Lucas slips into our conversation, wrapping an arm around Keira's waist.

"I guess you two are already acquainted?" Lucas asks, looking at Keira and I.

"Yes, but I had no idea you two were together though." I say, sending a glare to Lucas, making sure Keira doesn't see it.

"Wait, you didn't tell her?" Keira asks him with a glare which made Lucas step back a little.

"Umm, it n-never came up." He stutters as a drop of sweat trickled down his forehead.

I'm almost tempted not to go to that trip with him just to see Keira punish him and make him suffer.

"I'm going to-" Keira says before Lucas cuts her off.

"Let's go, Bella." He quickly says, looking down at his watch before adding: "We're going to be late."

"And where do you think you're going?" Keira asks him as he gulped.

"Bella and I have a mission in California." He informs making Keira relax a little.

"Alright then, we'll settle this when you come back." Keira informs.

"But in the meanwhile I'm going to keep ignoring you." Keira smirks, before sending me a wave and walking away.

I guess Lucas is grounded for having any sexual interaction for this month.

Lucas junior is going to be devastated.

I snort at his situation earning a glare from him.

He then ushers me into his car along with my luggage. Well someone's a bit pissed.

I get comfortable in my seat before Lucas drives off towards the airport.

We arrive at the airport and as we got off from the vehicle, a group of four men approached us and offered to take our bags. They must be one of Lucas' men seeing as he agreed to them.

I was glad that Lucas bought a ticket for a first-class flight. The sad thing is they don't serve scotch on the plane so I sticked with something else. Other than that, the plane ride would be nice and cozy accompanied with a glass of strong Rosé.

>>><<<

Did you guys like the new cover?

Oh and also my new username???

This is kind of a filler but I promise you guys the next chapter would be a long and important one.

Anyways, that's all for this chapter!

Xoxo,

Ara