Twenty-Five | White Rose

Edited 12/23/19_____

Edited 12/23/19
_____

Keira Lei Pierce

March 14th. The day my sister died. The day she got the fate she never deserved.

That is today.

Kiara Lynn Pierce. My younger sister and my only family, until those filthy Carsons decided to end her life. And for what reason? To prove a fucking statement? To show that they're not to be messed with?

They wanted to prove that they're merciless. And they did. I realized that the moment their son fired a bullet in my sister's head.

~~~

6 years ago...

"Please! Spare her life!" I cry, as my tears flow like a river down my face.

"Shut up, kid." Russel Carson shushes me up, threatening to shoot 14-year-old me.

I continued to cry and let out loud sobs as I helplessly watch my eight year old sister cry while Anne Carson holds her in a firm grip.

Bruises and scratches covered her body which she got from the non-stop torture sessions they put her through.

I know that Kiara never did anything wrong against them. She never would. Yet they continued to hurt her and make her suffer, as if she was the one they despised the most.

If anything, I should be the one covered in wounds, not Kiara. I was the one who witnessed one of their murders. I was the one who interrupted one of their 'transactions'. There's no need to bring my sister into this.

"Now, son." Anne starts, facing her tembling son who was covering and was infront of her youngest and only daughter.

"Don't be too scared, kids. You two are a Carson. A Carson is merciless and should be feared." Their father - Russel Carson - said in a low voice.

"Please, let her go!" I scream again, making Russel abruptly turn and shoot me in the arm. I let out a painful cry, as my blood flowed down my arm.

"Now, son. What did I tell you before?" He asks his 'beloved' son.

"An eye f-for an e-eye." His son stutters.

"Yes. So in order to save your sister's life, you must kill this girl that your mother is holding." Russel says, pointing at my sister, who at this point gave up fighting back. Like she already accepted her death before it even came.

"No." I mutter, still trying to get out of the ties. My eyes see nothing but blur, because of the tears and the adrenaling kicking in. I can now only rely on my sense of hearing.

"You don't need to do this, brother." A girl says, her voice cracking. That must be the youngest Carson.

"I need to." The boy says, before I heard a gun cocking. Out of my blurry vision, I can make out a trembling figure pointing a gun at my sister.

"Please. Don't." I beg, though I know that they won't hear me.

For a while it went quiet, no one dared to talk. Only our breathing can be heard and the loud beating of my heart. The boy continues to pant and suddenly...

Suddenly a loud gunshot goes off.

No.

Thud. A body harshly drops onto the cold cement of the alleyway.

My vision - all of a sudden - clears.

This can't be.

My heart breaks at the sight of my sister's lifeless body laying on the floor. A bright red spot was forming on her shirt, at the center of her chest.

All of a sudden, another gunshot sound out as Russel yells in pain, crouching down in pain.

The gun suddenly drops to the floor as both of their children - the young Carsons - run out of the alley.

Anne runs towards her husband who was still crouching in pain. "You'll regret this!" He yells, before grabbing the gun, and ran after his children along with his wife.

I slowly crawled towards my sister, with my hands still tied. When I reached her, I leaned on her chest and continued crying as my whole world breaks at the sight of my sister's lifeless body.

~~~

I walked through the cemetery, towards Kiara's grave with a single white rose held tightly in my hand. The only sound that could be heard were my footsteps on the rough gravel and the subtle blow of the wind.

I stood infront of her grave and dropped down onto my knees. I placed the rose in front of her tombstone.

"Hey, sis." I say, my voice full of grief as a single tear escaped my eye.

I let out a sad smile, "Happy death anniversary! I bet you're having a great time up there. You've got no problems to worry about." I sigh.

"And here I am. Still breathing and still killing people." I paused before letting out a dry laugh. "Still trying to avenge your death."

"I heard Russel and Anna Carson died in a car crash a few years back. Apparantly their car fell off a cliff." I say, without remorse. If anything, those two deserved it. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Their lives in exchange for those that they took - including my sister's.

"Though their children still remain breathing and hiding somewhere. I promise I'll find them, Kiara."

"I will find every remaining Carson and end their lives." I promise, one that I'll never break.

Their deaths will be their fault for hurting such an innocent and pure white rose.

>>><<

A flashback chapter before we get back to Bella's POV.

So what do y'all think?

Just wanted to give y'all an overview of Keira's backstory and show that she is just like Bella and Lucas who lost someone important to them.

It's also part of the reason why she became an assassin.

I also wanted to show that she is not a villain (as some of you suspect her) and that Lucas already has a big piece of her heart and that's why she forgave Lucas about the kiss. Let's just say Lucas help her mend her heart into whole again.

Thoughts?

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE

xoxo,

Ara