Forty-Seven | Dance

Bella Ryan

Bella Ryan

———

Dance

♤♤♤

Shortly after my dance with Gray, I turn my gaze towards Cervantes, who stood near the dance floor and held a glass of champagne as he conversed with a couple.

I slowly made my way towards the man, realizing that I would not be able to gather information just by staring at him from afar.

Of course, I won't just approach him directly as that would make it seem suspicious.

I made sure to catch his attention as I walked beside him and 'accidentally' bumped into his shoulder, causing his drink to spill.

"Hey! Watch where you're goi—" he trails off as he lays his eyes on me, raking his gaze down my body as if he was undressing me in his mind.

Gray was right. Cervantes was not the only man to gawk at my figure. The moment I stepped foot in this place, I was aware of all the eyes that laid on me.

That's the result of wearing such a revealing dress, I guess.

"Sorry," I apologize, scratching the back of my neck, acting demure.

"That's alright," He purrs. I nod, about to leave the area until a hand grabbed my waist and kept me in place.

"I suppose you could dance with me. You owe me an apology, after all." He suggests.

I nodded, agreeing to his suggestion as we both made our way to the dancefloor.

His hands made their way to each side of my waist, which felt entirely different—not in a good way—than when Gray did the same thing a couple minutes ago.

If I wasn't on a mission I would've chopped his arm off of me by now.

Having no other choice, I place mine atop his shoulders. I notice his gaze lingering on my face, as if he was trying to recognize me from somewhere.

"I don't think I know you. I'm surprised." He asked.

"Why would you be?" I question, mentally letting out a breath, grateful that he wasn't able to recognize who I was because that would be a problem if he did.

"A woman with a face and figure like yours shouldn't go unnoticed."

Excuse me while I vomit.

It's not that the guy looks hideous. Although he is not that attractive either. Putting it lightly, Cervantes is a man in his forties who seems to smoke quite often, hence his teeth that were slightly stained yellow.

Cairo Cervantes is a man who hides his dirty secrets beneath his reputation of being one of the most respected politicians. Despite being an ally of the Venetian mafia, he does activities of his own that aren't so pleasing. I was informed that he tends to double cross his 'friends', resulting him to have many enemies. Purposely failing transactions, pocketing the people's money, stealing drugs, etc.