Forty-Eight | Sibling

(A/N: Long chapter up ahead! Also, my brain doesn't seem to be fuctioning properly so this may be a messy chapter lol. I'll edit it tomorrow!)

 I'll edit it tomorrow!)

Gray

Sibling

♤♤♤

My eyes shift behind Bella, eyeing a man who was sitting on a chair by himself, his gaze lingering on Cairo.

Ever since I caught a glimpse at this man a couple hours ago, him being a threat was the first thought that cane to mind. Sure, I tend to encounter suspicious looking people. But there was something about the guy that tells me he was not someone to be underestimated. The possibility that he could be an ally of Isabella was, as I've said, very unlikely. He could very well be a threat to Cairo, me, Lorenzo and possibly even Isabella.

The said man turned his head and met my gaze, giving me a sharp look for a few seconds. He remained seated and kept his eyes on me. Why the fuck is he looking at me like that? Did he recognize me or something? Or was it Isabella he recognized?

"What are you looking at?" Isabella questions, her head slowly turning around to check what was behind her. Before she was fully able to turn her head, my hand reached out and gently grabbed her cheek, stopping her actions.

"Don't look at him," I warned, averting my eyes back to her. He already had caught me looking at him. To put it simply, my cover was already blown and he may already be onto me. Isa looking at him suspiciously would only make the situation worse.

"Him?" She asked, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. I guess this was the perfect time to tell her. He could also be an enemy of hers, after all.

"I'm not sure if you are aware of this but there's someone else on this ship who's could possibly be Cairo Cervantes, we're just not certain if this guy's with you." Her eyes widen at the newfound information. "I still need to make sure how many people were after the man I'm supposed to be protecting."

"I know I shouldn't be revealing this to you but this situation is odd. This mission was assigned to me and me only." She explains, proving my theories to be true. The guy was here as my enemy. And as someone who is quite possibly after the guy Isabella was supposed to protect, he was also her enemy. Touching another assassin's target was a big no-no.

"Then I guess the guy is an enemy to the both of us." I sigh. "It's up to you if you decide to team up with the guy or finish the guy off."

"I prefer you do the latter though, one assassin is much easier than two."

As much as I don't want to tear myself away from Isabella, I didn't have much of a choice. It was either I go after the suspicious guy now or let him escape and risk not being able to find him again before he did whatever the fuck he was here for.