Sixteen | Back Up

12/02/19

12/02/19

Lucas Kingston
_____

Back up

It was midnight by the time we arrived back at New York.

Everything was still so gloomy... and unbelievable. Anyhow, it's the reason why we came back here. To make a plan to save Bella Ryan.

Heads were turned as we entered the headquarters, specifically towards me. They must be wondering where Red is.

"You should have that treated at the clinic." Jacob, my right-hand, suggested at my wounds—they're not that big of a deal, they just needed to be treated so they won't get infected.

"Just head to the office after." He suggests, but will Keira approve of this? As if reading my mind he says: "Don't worry, I'll tell Keira about it."

"Thanks, J." I say before heading towards the clinic to have all my wounds cleaned and wrapped.

I open the doors of the meeting room and headed directly to my chair—which was beside Keira's.

"Luc? Do you want to tell them what happened or should I do it instead?" She asks, as I shake my head no, before speaking. "I can do it."

I breathe. "Red and I accomplished the mission. The Laboratory was blown up, along with it's products and workers."

"However," I pause, "They have Bella."

Jace, Bella's 'partner' immediately stood up. "What?!" He raises his voice as his face tenses up in anger.

"Watch it, Mendoza." Keira warns him but he's unfazed and remains angered. "By whom?" He sneers.

"The Sicilian's."

He falls back down onto his seat. "Shit."

"Look, I know Red must be having a hard time right now, but we're working on a plan to save her." I try to assure him.

"Actually, I've already made one." Keira spokes up.

"Listen lads, one of our allies has been captured by the Sicilian's and as you all know, we The Panthers are not one to leave a family behind."

"The Sicilian's have multiple properties here in the States but knowing that they have captured the infamous Red, Dominic's dumbass would want her under his roof so he can deal with her himself. And there's only one place he'll be able to do that."

"His mansion." I mutter.

"Yes, Lucas. He'd want keep Bella in one of his most secure properties. Only those who are powerful enough will be able to enter." Keira continues.

"Are we powerful enough?" Jace asks making me scoff before I stand up.

"The Panthers are called the American Mafia for a reason." I retract, my voice full of pride.

"I hope so." He unsubtly mutters.

"We'll bring a few hundred men, enough to take down every dimwit in Dominic's mansion." She informs.

"They started this bloody war and we're going to end it."

When we arrived, I noticed that the mansion was very silent. The gates were left wide open. I can't help but think that something had already happened.

When we entered the building, what we saw was unexpected.

Blood was everywhere and bodies were lying still on the floor. It's looks like an aftercome of a warzone.

"Bloody hell, what happened here." Keira says from beside me.

"That's what I'm wondering." I reply.

I head over to the basement rooms finding nothing but more blood and bodies.

I run back to the grand hall. "There's nothing here." I say when I reach where Keira and the inner gang were standing.

"Maybe she was taken...again." Keira says.

"Fuck." Jace mutters, as he ruffles his hair in annoyance.

"There's no way we can track her now. Not until we find out who took her." Jacob says as I remain silent.

"Let's go." I say once I've found my voice.

"What?" Keira asks, confused.

"I said let's go." I repeat again, as Keira flinches at my cold tone.

"So that's it?" Jace huffs out of anger as he walked towards me.

"You're just going to give up?!" Jace yells at me, Keira remains frozen.

"I never said I was." I tell him.

"You are! After what Bella did for you, she risked her life for a stupid mission of yours, Lucas!" Jace sneers, throwing a punch at me.

I easily caught it before dropping to the ground and sweeping his legs making him fall. I twist his arm and held it behind his back.

I leaned into his ear. "I'm not giving up, I'm going to head back home and wait until I receive some sort of fucking signal telling me where she is." I say, cold.

"What I'm doing is not losing hope because I would never give up on anyone."

"I would never give up on Bella."

>>><<<
Y'all this chapter freaking sucks lmaooo. Tho i hope it wasnt boringgg.

Thoughts?

Anyways, that's all for this chapter!

VOTE|COMMENT|SHARE

Xoxo,
Ara