Thirteen | Gray

Edited 12/02/18

Edited 12/02/18

Bella Ryan
_____

Gray

A person can get used to pain— some even crave pain. It's a feeling which you can either fear or embrace.

I choose to embrace it, because the more you fear it; the more you hate it, the more it worsens. It festers and festers until you're unable to bear it.

On the other hand, the more you embrace it, the more it goes away. You'll get used to that feeling. Even if you get swallowed by an ocean of pain—a small bubble keeps you from drowning.

Or in more simpler words: you get numb.

So numb that you don't even feel much. You just know that you are in pain.

"She's waking up."

I'm one of those people: those who get used to it. Like the way you wake up from being knocked out. The way your head throbs so bad that you can only hear ringing while you struggle to open your eyes.

"Call Harriot."

And when you finally do open them, you get blinded by the light you see, that you immediately close them back.

"How are you doing principessa?" A man asks me.

I open my eyes once again, this time being able to see. "Like shit." I reply with a raspy voice, clearly needing water.

"You know, it's nice to finally meet you." The man chuckles. "My name's Harriot, thought that you wanted to know."

Keeping my mouth closed, he continues. "It's hard to believe that two people were able to pull of a heist like that but.....seeing as you're the Red, it's more believable."

"I thought you worked alone?" He mocks. "But the question is—who is this man who fought beside the infamous Red?"

I keep quiet, a smirk pasted on my face once again.

"Answer me!" He yells which doesn't make me flinch one bit.

He sighs. "I never thought I'd have to do this but—" He says before punching me twice on both sides of my face and kicking me hard in the gut.

The metal chair I was tied om stumbles a bit and starts to fall back, until someone catches it and holds it steady from behind. I spit out blood before saying, "I never thought Dominic would send his guard dog to torture a lady." I sneer before he punches me once again.

He grabs a syringe and plunges it in my arm. I hiss. That's all he's going to get. I'd die before I scream for an enemy.

"An anesthetic, really?" I laugh. If they think a simple drug can make me pass out, they're idiots.