Thirty-Four | Fibrillation

Edited 12/27/19_____

Edited 12/27/19
_____

Bella Ryan

Fibrillation

28 days Later.....

"Merda!" I swore as I threw another punch, sending the bag to the floor. I sighed in frustration before removing the blood-covered tape from my bleeding hands.

After a month, most of my bruises and wounds have healed--except for my bloody knuckles, at least. My broken ribs are not completely healed though. That's why the doctors suggest that I should avoid going into fights, but when do I ever listen?

I sat on the bench and grabbed my jug and drank my water, removing my thirst. As I stood up, I immediately felt a harsh sting on my side, making me sit back down.

I raised the hem of my top and saw that the bandage on my stitch above my broken rib was red. The stitch probably opened. Bloody hell.

"Damn you, rib." I muttered, clutching my side as I stood up. Before I was able to exit the gym, I saw Lucas and Bailey running towards me, worry etched on their faces.

"What the hell, Bella?!?" Lucas exclaimed as he saw my bleeding knuckles and bloody side.

"Did you recklessly train again?" Bailey questioned, letting out a sigh.

I was about to answer to her but Lucas beat me to it. "Of course she did, when was she not stubborn?" Lucas said in a sharp tone.

"I'm fine." I answered, coldly.

"We need to bring you to the infirmary." Bailey says before the both of them grabbed each of my arms and pulled me towards the infirmary.

They are an annoying pair of siblings, I tell you.

***

I was sitting on yet another hospital bed, as one of the doctors restitched my side before bandaging my knuckles.

"You're all patched up, Miss Bella." The doctor said.

"Thanks Doc. I appre--" I said but was cut off when I heard a commotion outside my room.

"What's happening?" I asked the doctor, who was just as confused as me.

"I don't know, something must be wrong to one of the patients." He answered. I pulled open the curtains and saw that a couple doctors were rushing down the hall. Exclaiming something about a patient.

Jace. Something could be wrong with Jace.

I pushed the doctor aside and exited the room. I quickly ran down the hall towards Jace's room. But before I was about to enter its door, a couple doctors stood in front of me, stopping me from going in.