Twenty-Three | Love Birds

Edited 12/23/19_____

Edited 12/23/19
_____

Bella Ryan

I knew it!

I knew these two would get along well, But not that well.

"Ehem." I cough. River's head abruptly stopped and I also noticed Bailey freeze. Their heads slowly turned towards my direction, their faces making up an emotion of fear and shock.

I laugh my ass off as their faces turn as red as a tomato. "Whoops, sorry for being such a kill-joy." I say between laughs.

As if snapping out of their trance, their faces quickly turned into excitement. "Bella!" Bailey exclaims before they run towards me and crush me in a bone-crushing hug.

"What happened?" River asks after they both hugged me. "Yeah, you just disappeared all of a sudden." Bailey adds.

"It's a long story, kids." I chuckle.

"We're not kids." Bailey mutters making me let out yet another chuckle.

"Now, would you guys stop avoiding the topic and tell me what did I just witness?" I ask with a laugh. They both quickly turned their heads and avoided my gaze.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Lucas." I assure them. "Really?" River asks out of disbelief.

"Yeah, I know you two are mature enough to take care of yourselves." I say and I mean it.

River and Bailey may have just met a few months ago but I know that they are mature and smart enough to make right decisions despite being in their teenage years. Like I said, I knew that these two would eventually end up together. They'd never be together unless they really are sure of their feelings towards each other.

"Just no love-making, yeah?" I say making River blush. "Bella!" Bailey whines.

What I also noticed, is that these two are quite a different couple. If they already are a couple, that is. But my point is, between the two, Bailey is the more confident one and River is the quiet and shy one. The same applies to their skills. Bailey is a trained nurse whilst River is a professional hacker. But of course, we can't always stereotype everything because everything is a random gamble. Anyone can end up with anyone.

But seeing as I'm like an older sister towards these two. I guess it's my job to watch over them and give them talks since Lucas himself as a gang leader has no enough time for his sister.

Well, if I'm the older sibling then they're my whiny little siblings.

"Okay, okay." I put my hands up in defense.

"Oh and, before I forget," I start. "I told Lucas that I'm going to train you guys."

"Really?" Bailey asks.

"Yes really." I answer.

"Why all of a sudden though?" Now it's River's turn to ask.

"Well, seeing as The Panthers are laying low for a few days, I suggested that I train the both of you, since I've got nothing to do." I inform them.

"Oh, so it's to spend your time and kill boredom?" Bella asks, with her eyebrows raised.

"Oh shut up, Bailey. I know you like it."

Bailey silences for a while before shrugging. "Okay, I do." She grins.

"Okay then, Meet me at the gym tomorrow, 7 AM sharp." I say.

"You two." I point at them. "Can now go back to whatever you were doing." I finally say before leaving the two of them with their own business.

~~~

7 AM sharp, I'm already at the gym waiting for the two of them to arrive.

After a few minutes, the both of them bust the door open and rush inside.

"I'm not even going to bother asking if you two came together on purpose or if it was just a coincidence."

"Well let's get straight into it." I say, before we head towards the training area of the gym, Or in other words, the area where the floor is matted and where all the punching bags are found.

"First, show me your stance." I say making the both of them get into their fighting positions.

To be honest, the both of them had an okay posture. Well, basing on their background stories, Bailey must have been taught by Lucas and River by his criminal parents.

"Nice." I comment before I started training and teaching them the proper ways of attacking and defensing theirselves.

I taught them a bit of what I learned from Combattere L'Academia and from Gray.

The two of them would probably be good at combat in, more or less, a month. Well, what can you expect? Their fast learners and their teacher is none other than Red herself.

>>><<<

Another chapterrrr. And don't worry. there will be more updates, seeing as this one is late.

And as for the winners of my 20k contest:

1st Place (Major role in book, shoutout, votes, and a cover/s): moonpiebean

2nd Place (Minor role in book, shoutout, votes, and a cover/s): betty_jzt15

3rd Place (Shoutout, votes, and a cover/s): Athena_12345678910 and xjxlxnx

I'll go message y'all regarding your prizes.

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE

xoxo,

Ara