Twelve | Run

Lucas Kingston

Lucas Kingston

♤♤♤

They took Bella and what did I do?

I ran.

I ran after the Sicilian Mafia took her. After I kissed her out of her own will. All my life I was taught to face my problems head on. To never back down and to always fight for what I want. So what happened?

Was I scared?

To be honest, I don't even know what fucking happened. All I know is we lost. I lost. I mean, we did accomplish the mission— but I lost an ally. I lost the Red Queen.

After hours of running in the woods, I finally came across a road. I stopped the next car that drove by and held the driver at gunpoint.

"Out." I growl making the poor driver scurry out of the vehicle. I climbed in the driver's seat and drived back to the hotel as fast as I can.

I ran to my room and immediately called the gang phone. It was answered on the second ring. "Lucas? Is everything fine?" Keira's voice spoke.

"N-no." I pant, desperately catching my breath. "It's Bella. They took her."

"Calm down, Luc. Take a seat and wait for us. We're coming, don't worry." She informs before hanging up.

I pour myself a glass of water before sitting on the couch and calming myself, while waiting for Keira to arrive.

...

After a couple hours, I heard knocking on the front door. I walked towards it and opened it. Keira ran inside and immediately crushed me in a hug.

"Are you okay?" Keira asks, pulling out of the embrace. I nod.

"Let's go sit on the couch." She says before pulling me towards the couch. Some of my men entering the hotel room after her.

"Tell me." She says, holding my left hand tightly.

"Tell you what?" I ask.

"Everything. Tell me everything that happened."

And so I told her everything. Including the kiss.

...

"I kissed her." I say, my voice full of regret. And the moment those words left my mouth, I saw how a single tear escapes her eye that holds an emotion of disappointment. Betrayal. Heartbreak.

"What did she d-do?" She asks, her voice cracking.

"She kissed me back." I answer. "But it didn't mean anything Keira, trust me."

"I know. Adrenaline is a pretty powerful feeling isn't it?" She dryly chuckles. That word again— adrenaline. Is it really that powerful? I heard it makes you feel numb of pain and out of control.

"W-what?" I ask, removing my gaze from her chocolate-brown eyes.

"What I'm saying is, I forgive you." She pauses. I raise my head, once again meeting her eyes.

"I forgive the both of you. I know that you didn't mean it, you lost control." She hugs me once again.

"Thank you." I whisper to her.

"You're welcome." She says.

She stands up. "Now chop chop! Let's head back to New York because we have another mission to plan." She informs, making the gang members scurry out of the room.

She faces me. "Let's go?"

"Let's."

And just like that she forgave me. For cheating on her with Bella. The person she looks up to.

Everyone says the kiss is completely because of adrenaline.

But why do I feel like it's not?

>>><<<

Short but emotional chapter. (kinda, i hope it's not cheesy lmao)

So, do you think Lucas regrets the kiss or?

Will Bella make it out alive? Will she be able to take another step on her revenge now that she's in the Sicilian Mafia's hold?

Ps. I'll be publishing a cover-shop book later. So check it out if you guys need a cover for your storyyy. Thanks!

Pps. Updates will now be twice a week (wednesdays and sundays) unless I decide to give you guys an early update or an extra update.

Anyways, that's all for this chapter.

Xoxo,
Ara