Chapter 3

The glass door closes, Fowler looks outside his office until he knows no one is close enough to really listen it. It will be that kind of conversation.
"This is a very gruesome and bloody case. Can you handle it?" He looks her in the eye, not scared of her even when he should.
"I'll manage."
"I need more than an 'I'll manage' I need certainty that you don't go feral or something when bodies start showing up."

"Goddamn it Jeffrey, you know me!" She gets up and starts pacing the office.
"Yeah, and that is why I ask."
She freezes, jaw locking shut. A coldness creeps on her face. She storms out of his office, anger radiating of her. The captain gets up and yells after her "We are not done talking!"
"Oh we are." Her voice is almost a growl as she exits the bullpen and walks to the exit. Outside she storms to the park. She knows she is being followed. She is seething, how dare he suggest what he did? Her angers flares up when she retells the conversation – if she can even call it that.

"Why are you following me?" Turning around Faith looks into the brown eyes of Connor, his LED circling yellow with sometimes a little blip of red.
"You seemed furious. I wanted to be sure you wouldn't do something stupid."
"I only do stupid things when I am angry." Her voice is so close to actual growling. The android's LED turns red for a moment.
"Oh." He looks surprised, catching Faith off guard.
"Oh hell no. Delete whatever you just discovered."
"No, this is vital information. How did you manage to not get discovered?"

Faith hisses, actually hisses in anger.
"Don't you dare tell anyone. I fought for a normal life. Don't you dare take that away from me or I will kill you."
"Is that a threat detective?"
"It is, so watch out. I am not in the mood for pleasantries and kindness. Could you please just leave me alone now?"
"No, it is vital to the investigation that you return and lead the team."

"Tell them to do a background on every victim. Start checking cold cases and unsolved cases to see if some can be connected so the timeline is complete. Now leave me alone."
"Do you hate me, detective?"
This questions startles you. "God, no Connor I don't. You're just at the wrong place at the wrong time. A human might now have been worse of, so you might praise yourself lucky that Thirium isn't nutritious and it can't feed me. Now please, leave me be before you tip me over the edge of my self-control. If you have questions, you can ask them when I am not this out of control later."
Faith turns back around and starts walking, not hearing following footsteps, but retreating ones.
When she knows no one is around or watching her, she runs at full speed. She's invisible to the human eye, negative energy slowly dripping away. Strain and exhaustion in her bones.

She stops at her house to have drink, taking it out of her fridge that is fully stocked with new blood bags. Drinking it straight from the bag, she groans at the taste. The dry fire in her throat slowly subsiding. It takes 3 bags to feel energised again. No longer angry enough to want to rip Fowlers throat out, Faith walks back to the precinct.