Chapter 5

"How are you holding up?" He asks.
"I'm fine."
She looks outside, in thought.

"Something is bordering you." The detective notices.
"She was pregnant." Faith whispers. "She was going to be a mother."
"It is horrible indeed. But it seems to be bothering you on a more personal level."
He is met with silence.

Because he looks in front of him, he is unable to see the waterfall of emotions wash over her.
"I'm sorry for preying." His apology is soft and sincere.
"I'm infertile. I was pregnant once and I lost him before he was born. Since then I have been infertile. That's why it bothers me so much." Faith is quick to wipe her tears away.
"I'm so sorry."
"It's not your fault." She keeps looking outside, not really seeing anything.

Gavin parks the car. "Are you able to drive? Otherwise I will drop you off."
"Thanks for the offer but I am fine." She gets out of the car and walks inside. At her desks she collects the files, sends over the digital files she might need. She knows Fowler is watching, but he doesn't come out.

"You forgot your keys." Gavin stands in front of her, offering her keys to her.
"Thanks, I..."
"You are not okay. Did you know her?" Faith shakes her head. "No, no I don't. We have to tell her husband, preferably tonight."
"That can wait until tomorrow morning. You are in no state to do that and in all honest, I'm too shocked to do that at the moment either."
She nods and takes her bag, stuffing her things in it.
"Go home, relax. Don't work on the case too long, okay. You might be in lead, but that doesn't mean you have to work yourself into an early grave."

Faith nods. "Thanks. I'll take my leave now. Don't work too long either, we need sleep so we can go into this heads on tomorrow morning."
Gavin flips her off as she walks away, back to her car.

Speeding of, it barely takes 5 minutes to get to her house. Unlocking the door, she walk in and directly takes a drink from the fridge. The cold liquid eases the burn in her throat.
"This case is going to leave me empty." She mumbles as she sits down on the sofa and starts arranging the different files while her laptop starts up. 

She rolls her magnetic board out of her storage room and starts putting pictures on them with tiny magnets.
A visual timeline is made. She writes down some relevant info, rolling out a second magnetic board and continuing on there.

She is so in thought, writing things down, lining things up, that she almost misses the knock on the door.
"One second." She yells as she writes the last idea down before moving to open the door.

Letting Connor and Hank in, she just now realises how her house must look like when she is invested in a case.

Hank whistles between his teeth when he takes in the scenery.
Connor walks closer to inspect things.
"Do you ever stop working on a case?"

"When I sleep."
"And how much do you sleep?"
"I need a 2, 3 ish hours of sleep to be fully energised. When I lost a lot of blood it is a bit longer."

And so Connor's questioning starts.