Chapter 21

"I know who is behind this." Faith starts.
Fowler's face reddens even more.
"It's them. They are behind it. It started when I started here and have been going on ever since. The method can be linked to their anger. Male as a warning, female as a threat. I have to come back to them."

She paused for a moment.

"They might be behind the kidnapping of Gavin and Connor. They could have hired a human, maybe brainwashed him to do what he did."

Fowler looks expectantly as he asks, "what options do you see for this?" He looks less mad, more concerned.
"I either go to them and give myself to them, I run away and Detroit is safe or, the third option is that I do nothing and the killings keep happening. I can't deal with these deads now that I know who they are."

"None of these options will happen. We'll keep investigating so we will know more about them before we do something. You will stay here and the killings will stop. I presume Anderson and Connor know about you?"

She nods.
"Gavin saw me, but doesn't know it really."
"Yeah he keeps asking questions."
"He'll ask more in my absence. Which is an even more serious matter."

Fowler looks worried.
"Some androids in New Jericho raided my fridge, I have nothing left. I got a small back up that is gathered from my people. I can get more next week but I won't hold out until then."
"I'll put you in active home duty. That way you can still work and share things without being here."

"I appreciate that."
"Now, I think Gavin is ready to burst with his questions. Be ready to be bombarded. Also, your boyfriend looks worried and ready to drag you out of here."

"He saw things, I am unsure how he still trusts me near humans."
Only then does she realise she didn't deny him.
Fowler smirks. "As long as the both of you keep your relationship off work, I'm fine with it."
She nods.

"Now leave so I can start to figure things out for you curious case."

She leaves the office, Connor is right there to ask about the talk.
"I'll be put on active home duty so I can work without torturing myself."

Hank hears it and nods.
"I assume things are still not great."
"Now I am okay, not sure how it'll be once my back up is empty in a few days. I'd rather not take risks."

Gavin walks closer, sits down on Connor's desk.
"How are you not dead after getting the electric wire off? And what was that with your eyes? You seemed positively feral to me then."

"Thank you for that. I like being reminded that I looked feral."
Connor seems to be holding himself back, wanting to do something to defend his secret girlfriend.

"For your safety, I'd like to not tell you yet. One day, yeah, I might tell you but now... I need your focus on the case. It's also less dangerous because I have a clue how you'll react ones you know. I'm not ready for that yet."
He looks dumbfounded, but nods.

"I'll be at New Jericho. If you want to know something or you have a clue or something, call me, message me I don't care, but don't come to visit. Only Connor is in the safe to do that."
They nod and Faith leaves again, sending a text to Connor.

I'll see you later?

Looking around she sees him blush blue almost not noticable. With a smile on her lips she walks to her new room in New Jericho.