Chapter 24

"You did what?" Faith looks shocked. 
Connor must've ended his call with Hank, because he wraps his arms around her in comfort.
"Don't go telling my secret to people I do not trust. He could talk and I could be killed." 
Fear makes her freeze up. 
"He will not do that and you know it." Fowler's voice tries to sound as gentle as possible.
"Fuck off. Don't tell my secret to anyone anymore. I have a crime scene to get to." 

Faith ends the call and takes a deep breath, wrapping her hands around Connor to hug him back. 
"We should go." She feels him nod before he reluctantly pulls away.

"I'll drive. That way you can concentrate on other things." Connor advises, taking the keys from the drawers.

Faith nods and takes her badge, wallet and phone before following Connor outside. 
On the way they come across Simon, alone. He looks grave when he sees the badges attached to their pants. 
"Good luck." he says with a grim face.

The detectives nod before continuing their walk to the car.
Connor opens the doors and they get in. 
"Ever driven a manual?" Faith asks.
"I have driven Hank's car before. it's a manual so it shouldn't be all too different." 
She nods and lets Connor drive them, her thoughts going back to the things she discovered thanks to North and the danger they all are in. 

As predicted it is Bryan, again no scent. This means they have found some sort of technology to hide it. Even vampires have scents so this thing really must work. 
They wrap things up rather quick, already knowing what happened and who it is doing.

Connor drives her back in silence, feeling the downhill spiral Faith seems to be getting in. 

"I know it keeps in your head, but you need something to unwind from this." He tries to say carefully. 

She looks at him, "I know. This guilt is just weighing down on me more than I want to admit." 

"Let's watch a movie, something to keep you mind of it for the duration of it. I might give you a clear head and the possibility of maybe find other options." 

She nods at the suggestion. Connor parks the car and takes her hand in his, pulling her inside. 
The walk to the room goes with ease. 
"Go change into something comfortable, I'm going to report to Markus quickly."

Doing as he said, she is now seated on the bed, her laptop on her lap searching for something interesting. Connor walks in. 
"I hope you are not looking through case files." 
Faith turns the laptop and shows him her search for a movie, settling on the 2018 version of A star is born. "Is that okay for you?" 

Connor nods and takes off his jacket and belt, so he is more comfortable laying down.
Faith settles with her head on Connor's chest, the laptop on his legs, his arm around her waist.
In that position they start watching the movie, laughing and crying with the things that happen. 

At the end, Faith looks up calculating. 
"You are thinking too much about something." 
She silences Connor with a kiss. They make out for a while, exploring each other's mouths with their tongues, hands roaming each other's bodies without crossing unspoken boundaries. 

The next morning, they wake up in each other's arms. Connor reminds Faith that he has to leave for work.
She kisses him before letting him go. 

When she knows Connor truly left for work, she gets up and searches for Simon.