Chapter 18

It takes a while, but Simon comes down slowly.
"The detective is freaking out, doesn't understand what is happening. We had to calm him down first."

Faith keeps seated on the ground, head between her knees. Trembling.
"Is he okay?"
Simon knows she is not talking about Reed.

"Markus is with him while Kamski is working on him. He told us Connor would be fine, but that it might take a while. His insides were fried pretty badly."

A silence falls, Simon slowly walks closer before kneeling down next to her.
"I can't get you out without walking next to humans. Markus already contacted North. We have a problem.
Some of the android that don't agree with you have broken in North's room while we were in meeting. The bags are all broken."
Flaming red eyes meet the gentle blue ones.

Pain courses through her body, when she tries to get up.
Simon is fast to support her.
"Bring me some place I can't hurt anyone. I can arrange new ones, but it might take a few days. You'll have to lock me up."

"We'll get you to your room in New Jericho. We'll watch over you."
He supports her on the stairs, and grip her more tightly when they are up. He opens the door and uses an iron grip on her, so she can't leave.

The scents in the air, it is hell. Markus looks up and moves fast. Blocking her direct way of sight to the humans.
"I'll bring her to her room. We'll watch over her."
"No, I'll come with you. In case she looses it."
"I'm still here." Only now does she registers how hoarse and scratchy her voice is. The pain in her throat only goes up when she hears Hank talk.

"You can take my car." Hank calls out.
"No." She answers quick. "His scent is in there. I have to get out of here now." Her trembling only worsens, but the grip in Simon's arm becomes tighter and tighter by the moment.

"Markus we need to leave. Now."
Simon is already pulling Faith along with him, away from the scene in front of her.

The walk to New Jericho is long and both Markus and Simon have to hold her back, using all their strength to keep her from running off.

Inside North is with them quickly, calling for the elevator and helping her in.
When they arrive in her room she smells the residual scents of both Hank and Gavin from the day before.

Her throat closes of, the pain too much. She collapses in the middle of the room, trembling.
"I need a phone, please."
North gives her a phone and Faith types in a number before pressing the call button.

"Yes?"
"I need new blood. They are behind me, and some drained my bags. I have nothing left and I was wounded."
"How bad?"
"Barely in control. It's pure willpower to make this phone call and not just drain the first person I smell."

"I can't get it to you today. I'll do my best to get it to you tomorrow. Can you stay with someone that keeps you back?"
"Yes. I'm in Jericho."
"If I collect everything tomorrow, I'll bring it to you there."
"Thank you."
"Hold on tight okay. I'll do my best."

The phone call ends and she drops the phone from her hands, only now seeing that it is her phone.

"Can someone keep me update on Connor?"
With the help of Simon she gets to the bed and she lays herself in foetal position, blanket over her.
"We will. North will stay here with you. Simon and I will go back to see how Connor is. We'll send it to North."

Faith doesn't answer, just tries to concentrate on keeping a hold of  that glimmer of control she has left.