Chapter 19

Faith feels herself slipping in and out of consciousness.
It feels worse and worse. She barely hears North talking when she updates the trembling vampire.

Black again.
When she is back to consciousness, she is being restraint by North halfway through the hallway.
Immediately, Faith drops to her knees.

"Are you back?" North asks carefully.
"I'm sorry, I am so sorry. I really didn't mean for this to happen." Tears stream down Faith's cheeks, leaving a wet trail on it.

"It's okay. Let's get you back to your room."
North supports her, even lays her down on the bed.
"How's Connor?"
"He's on his way, together with Markus and Simon. Elijah fixed him."
Faith nods and closes her eyes.

Falls into the oblivious blackness again.
She feels someone carding their fingers through her hair.

Opening her eyes she sees Connor smiling down on her. Her head is layed on his lap and his fingers feel like heaven on her scalp.

"How are you feeling?" Faith asks.
"You saved me. From what I heard you risked your own life for me resulting in you keeping yourself together only with willpower."

"Of course I would. I couldn't let you die! I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"Why?"

Silence. Uncertainty in the air. Faith's whole form tense.

"Because a multitude of reasons."
"Would you risk your life like that for someone else?"
"Maybe."

Connor seems to be thinking, LED whirling yellow, his hands stop massaging her hair.

He seems to mumble something to himself before nodding.
"I have to tell you something. A lot of people told me not to because of their own reasonings but I think this might be best."
He seems to weight his words, see if he has the right one.

"I must confess that I have been harbouring certain romantic and sometimes even sexual feeling for you. These new emotions were hard to identify so I have asked others for help."
Faith shivers.

It hurts to know he feels the same. The danger he can be in. It is such a grave risk.

"I fell in love with you too. It's just so dangerous to be in a relationship with me. If they know you become one of their main targets."
She closes her eyes, avoiding the possible dejection in his brown puppy eyes.

A peck on her lips surprise her.
She opens her eyes and sits up slightly, leaning closer to Connor.

If she can't have him, than let her have this as memory.
"Kiss me like you mean it."
He doesn't need to be told twice.

Slipping his arms around her waist, he switches the positions. Faith lays on the bed, with Connor straddling her hips.
Their kiss is heated, desperate and filled with promises.

Faith pulls back from the kiss, eyes closed.
"I can't put you in danger like this."
"We can, we'll just have to be careful."
"They'll know. We'll have to hide it from the public."

"We'll do that." Connor dives in for a kiss again.
Only interrupted by a knock on the door.

It opens revealing Markus. Eyes mischievous and serious.
"Your guy is here with news. It's not that great."
Faith nods and pushes against Connor to get up. The RK800 moves and helps her up, supports her in walking.

"He's at the entrance with Simon."
The group of three slowly walk. Near the elevator, Faith almost loses balance.

Connor carries her the rest of the way.