Chapter 12

Waking up was a pain in the ass. Faith feels as if she has been pushed through a tumble dryer.
Connor is still asleep next to her, which surprised her.

But why did she wake then?
Tuning her hearing, she listens to her surroundings.
It seems like nothing at first.
A soft vibrating sound. Sitting up straight she looks around the room.
Her downturned phone glows softly.

Reason for waking up located.
Carefully she crawls out of the bed and grabs her phone.
Hank calls. Walking to the hallway she accepts the call.
"Yeah?" she whispers.

"Why are you whispering"? You are goddamn late and Connor isn't responding either."
"What time is it?"
"It's 11am. Why do you think I call. Gavin has tried to get to you too when he arrived at the precinct. He already went to our victim's husband. Now we are waiting on you. Didn't you say you barely sleep?"
"I have been working on the case all night, Connor too. I'll call you back. I have to check something."

Before Hank can protest, Faith ends the call and look through the hallway.
"This is literaly the only time I dislike the fact that I can't locate someone by scent," she curses under her breath.

A chuckle from her right. Her head turns to locate the sound. North.
"Who are you looking for?"
"Markus, I assume. I want to ask if Lieutenant Anderson and Detective Reed could come here to investigate the case? It's mostly because I have made the timeline and clues on the board in the room you gave me."
"I think it would be okay. Let's check with him first though" North says. It's weird to hear her so kind.

North walks Faith to a door. "Don't look surprised if you see Simon. They are often... together." She winks.
Faith chuckles. "I already thought they would after seeing their interaction with each other."
She knocks on the door, North leans on the wall. Movement behind the door can be heard, and it belongs to more than one person.
The door opens and Markus appears, only half dressed.
Faith smiles, "Good morning, well, I assume it was a very good morning." she smirks, teasing the android messiah and his boyfriend that refuses to show himself.
Markus looks lost at how to answer it. Taking pity on him, she asks her question, "I was wondering if Hank and detective Reed could come here. I have the clues, the timeline and all that in the room you gave me. I personally think it is easier and somewhat better to get them here than to try and get the information on the boards to them."
"Sure. Tell them they are always welcome. Something else?"
"Nope, have fun." Seeing Markus cheeks tint blue, before the door closes earns Faith a high five from North.

"You were perfect with the teasing." The fierce female android says as she walks with Faith to her room.
"I think Connor is still in sleep mode." she warns North before going in.
"No, I am up. Hank is bugging me with messages."
"That's my fault. I'll call."

Taking her phone out again, she calls her superior.
"You are still very late, and Fowler looks mad."
"Fowler can stick his anger up his you know what. Take Reed and come to New Jericho. Message me when you arrive so I can take you to my room. "

Again she just ends the call without waiting for a respons.

She looks around the room and notices the fridge.
"Shit, Reed doesn't know. He is going to be a curious ass and will look through my things here."
"We'll roll it to my room." North offers as she already unplugs the fridge.
Faith helps her to roll the full fridge to her room.
"Thank you for this."
"Of course. Now go back to your... partner." Seeing the glint in North eyes make her wonder what she actually meant to say.

Walking back, Faith gets a message from Hank saying he is parked outside.
"Connor, we'll have to get Hank and Reed. You coming?"
"Sure." He appears in the hallway and follows you.
"I'll walk along so you don't get exposed by others." North walks next to the secret vampire.

Downstairs, they greet Hank and Reed at the entrance and North walks the group of people back up.
"I'll leave you to it."

And the Lieutenant and Detectives are left alone in the room.