Valtteri Bottas- Racing Incident

11- requested by leag42

I apologise in advance. I won't tell you why but I just apologise.

You were watching your husband of a year race around his favourite track Sochi. This was your favourite track as well, maybe it's because you're from Russia or maybe it's because you just love the layout. 

Suddenly something unexpected happened, Valtteri was attempting to overtake Daniel Ricciardo when he was suddenly flipped.

Your hand went instantly to your mouth, the other to your stomach. You were expecting but hadn't told Valtteri yet, you were planning on telling him after this race. You only found out recently in the last week.

Everything had been quite silent, no one was moving. Everything was frozen in time as the marshals were attempting to get Valtteri out. They had come to a stop though, the doctor was under Val's car checking on him but he was waving frantically. This panicked you more.

"Someone tell me what's going on. Is he ok?" You asked Toto urgently "we've been on the radio and he isn't responding," Toto spoke solemnly. You began to cry, thinking the worst. 

The race was red flagged and Lewis had returned to the garage. He came over to you and instantly wrapped you in a hug, he too had begun to cry. A small tear rolling down his cheek.

"It's going to be ok Y/N, Valtteri will be fine," Lewis tried to reassure you. You decided now was the time to Lewis about your child. "Lewis I'm pregnant," you admitted "and what if Vals child has to live without him or with his dad seriously injured," you cried. 

"Oh Y/N, I'm sorry I promise Val will be fine and we will all work through this," Lewis spoke.

An ambulance had now arrived and Valtteri' car had now been flipped back round. He was lifted carefully into the ambulance and you jumped up. "Someone needs to bring me to the hospital!" You shouted, wanting to get to Valtteri straight away.

Someone offered to and you were now driving to the hospital with Angela, Lewis' personal trainer. 

You arrived at the hospital and instantly ran to the front desk. "I need to see Valtteri Bottas!" You spoke urgently "well miss he's in urgent care right now, but we'll keep you updated," the receptionist said.

You sat and waited until someone called you. "Mrs. Bottas, you may want to come," the doctor spoke and you ran instantly.

He lead you into a room where Valtteri was barely awake and barely breathing. "You have about twenty minutes," the doctor said, you knew what he meant but you didn't want to believe it. 

"Hey Val, I think there's something you'd want to know, before you, you know," you spoke, he nodded slightly, showing me he was listening. "Well you're going to be a father, we spent so long trying and finally we did it. I promise that when our child is born I will show them all of your races and especially your race win. I'm going to miss you so much," you cried, attempting to go on.

"I love you so, so much and happy anniversary," you sobbed as Valtteri' breathing began to slow down to an almost stop. You gave him a quick peck before he stopped altogether.

You collapsed onto the ground as doctors came rushing in. You continued crying, until Angela came in to lift you off the ground.

Again I apologise.