Daniel Ricciardo- Be Safe

25- requested by sof_vaz

"I love you, Dan!" You called to the man currently leaving your hotel room to celebrate his win. Daniel never expected Renault to go well, but the 2021 rule changed fixed everything for the team and they were winning race after race. Dan being the number 1 in the team. 

He was off to celebrate another win with his mates. You stayed at the hotel, not wanting to intrude and you didn't feel like going out to another club or bar.

Dan was almost round the corner before he stopped and jogged back to you. He pecked you on the lips and muttered "I love you too."

"Be safe and come back to me in one piece," you laughed "I promise I will," he smiled, his signature grin. You had no reason not to believe that.

You never expected to be called later that night, not by Daniel as you expected but hospital staff. You panicked, rushing to the closest friend. Nico answered the door, to your heavy breathing and panicked cries. "What's going on, Y/N?" He asked, worried "Dans in hospital, they said he's bad," you cried.

Nico rushed you to the hospital the both of you dreading seeing Daniel. 

You walked in, the doctors rushed around Daniels body. He looked so pale, so scared. You almost never saw Daniel scared and that made you tens times more scared. 

He was dying, you didn't know it, but he felt it. 

You were so sad, but a pant of anger was there too. You sat next to Daniel as the doctors slowly started flooding out. "Y/N, I'm dying," he muttered quietly, but just enough for you to hear.

"I trusted you," you cried softly "I put my faith in you to come home to me," you spoke. "I need you to live Dan, for me, for... for our baby," you revealed, Dans smile shone across his face again.

"If I lived I'd forever be in pain and would never be able to treat our baby properly," he spoke softly "you can't die Dan," you pleaded. 

"What's worse than dying Y/N?" He asked, he had said this quote before, you never thought he'd actually have to use it. "Not dying," you muttered, realising he was right.

He rested his head on the pillow, lulling slowly to sleep but not before saying. "I love you," he said "I love you too."

The sound of the flatlining echoed throughout the room, the doctors rushed around Dan trying to save him while you sat in the same place on the chair until Nico carefully removed you from it. 

Dan didn't make it, your beautiful daughter looks a lot like him though.

I'm so fucking sorry, I don't update this book in ages and then I resurface to just kill off Danny Ric.