Pierre Gasly- Water Fountain

Flashback

Pierre and Y/N were a beautiful young couple, at the ripe old age of sixteen they believed they were in love.

And they were. 

They went everywhere together and pda was a regular occurrence when you were with the two.

They way they first announced their love for each other was like a fairytale.

Y/N led Pierre to a familiar fountain, the place they had first met.

The two sat down on a beautifully decorated bench right next to the fountain.

"Pierre, I brought you here because I really wanted the first time I say this to be special so, I love you," she said, almost whispering the last bit.

"Je t'aime," Pierre mumbled before gently leaning in to kiss her.

She told me that she loved me by the water fountain,

She told me that she loved me and she didn't love him.

And that was really lovely 'cause it was innocent,

***

Pierre watched as she danced, wishing he was the man she was dancing with. Dreading the thought of losing her, knowing it was almost inevitable at this point.

He watched as the man roamed her body with his eyes and then his hands. Clenching his fists as he watched this guy with his girlfriend. 

How could she forget what she said that night at the water fountain, it may have been years ago but it felt like a forever thing when the two of them said it. 

Did she not feel that way for him anymore?

But now she's got a cup with something else in it,

It's getting kind of blurry at a quarter-past-ten.

And he was in a hurry to be touching her skin,

She's feeling kind of dirty when she's dancing with him,

Forgetting what she told me by the water fountain.

His anger only built up as he saw the man lean down, whispering in her ear. Pierre knew he could only stay angry for so long, soon this anger would turn into pain and sorrow. He wished it could just be anger forever.

As he watched the situation only escalated, he had to look away as they kissed. Knowing the pain of it might break him. 

They agreed to meet at the water fountain that night, instead he found her flirting with somebody else in a dingy nightclub. In the same flowing blue dress he bought for her 21st birthday. 

Now he's grabbing her hips, and pulling her in, 

Kissing her lips, and whispering in her ear.

And she knows that she shouldn't listen,

And that she should be with me by the water fountain.

She still lived with her parents up until he asked her to move in with him due to a traumatising experience in her childhood. She was scared to be alone or left at home on her own, afraid of the same thing happening again. 

He spent so many nights at her house keeping her company in their teens. Making sure she was safe when her parents weren't home. They would watch movies and cuddle, Pierre would play with her hair until she fell asleep comfortably in his arms. Him acting as her shield from the world. 

Thinking about it Pierre realised he'd done the exact thing she was terrified of hundreds of times. Every time he went to a race he was leaving her at home, alone.

Was this his fault, did he drive her to what she was doing right now. Was it just a matter of time before she cheated on him.

She couldn't be at home in the night time because,

It made her feel alone, but ta that time she was too young,

I was too young.

He came to the realisation that they fell in love too young. Maybe if they had waited they would have been in love forever but that was just a wish. 

Pierre still thought maybe if he had protected her more, spent more time with her, bought her a house with a huge fountain and garden if he had to, he could have kept her happy. 

He briefly took a dance at her dancing again. Seeing she was still dancing as close as she was the last time he looked. He sighed as he noticed how happy she looked. Was she ever that happy with him? 

But he knew deep down this wasn't his fault. They were still too young at the age of 24. 

I should've built a home with a fountain for us,

The moment that she told me that she was in love, too young,

I was too young,

Too young, too young

Too young, young

He couldn't handle any of these thoughts anymore and he stomped off. To the fountain he was supposed to meet the love of his life.

Maybe that was a strong word, considering circumstances. He fell in love too young but maybe he doesn't know what real love is. 

He envisioned the last time she wore that blue dress. It was him dancing with her. 

They swayed in confidence, he twirled her around, he dress flowing around her. He caught her and pulled her in by the hips. 

Her beautiful eyes looking into his, her hands around his neck. His slowly sneaking around her waist to pull her even closer. 

Pressing a kiss to her lips, letting it linger as they swayed with their foreheads pressed together. 

But that seemed like a far off dream now. 

Now  I'm grabbing her hips, and pulling her in

Kissing her lips, and whispering in her ear

And I know it's only a wish

And we're not standing by the water fountain

Pierre walked home. Hands in his pockets, strolling carelessly. Not even sure if he was going the right way.

Too focussed on trying to figure out what he did wrong even when he knew this was on her.

He almost didn't want to go home. Her stuff was there. They'd moved in together young. The same way they'd done everything else too young.

Too young, 

Too young.

So I realise it's kind of shitty and I'm terribly sorry for that. I'm trying to get back into it but writing one shots is actually kind of hard.