Chap. 1

"Kelanie (key-lon-e) dear wake up your gonna be late for your first day of your junior year in high school." I hear my grandma say as she's knocking at my door.

I look at my alarm clock and see that it isn't even on. I got out of my bed to see if it was plugged in. It wasn't but I could've sworn I plugged it in and never took it out. Which means it was only two people who could which is my little cousins, Melvin and Melana. I don't even feel like fooling with them right now but what I need to do is make sure I look hella good for my third year of high school.

After getting dressed in my white American eagle skinny jeans with a few rips in them, which show off my fat ass if it's one thing I'm thankful for from my momma is my ass. Anyway back onto my out fit, for my shirt I'm wearing a white nike shirt with a white nike sign on it but with different material/fabric and one shade darker than the white color of the shirt so that you can see it, and I got on my  white nike wind breaker, and a pair of all white Nike's with a neon white nike logo.

I walked downstairs after turning back around to go in my room and get my red iPhone 8 Plus and my charger just Incase I gotta go somewhere after school  and my phone dies.

"Bout time lanie we thought you would never come down". My 5 year old cousin Melana says rolling her eyes being dramatic like always.

"Maybe I wouldn't have taken sooo long if you and your brother didn't unplug my alarm clock."I respond back while heading into the kitchen to my grandma who was finishing up breakfast.

"Hey grany." I say before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Boy what I tell you about calling me that, it makes me feel old and yo grandma ain't old yet I can still move around good as new."She responds while wiggling her hips. Me and her both bust out laughing together.

That's why I love my grandma she stay lit and she actually loves me for me unlike my parents.

"Grandma you need to watch yo grandkids they keep messing with things in my room."I complain to my grandma.

"Who my grand babies? Oh they would never do such a thing." She says swinging her hand around and placing the back of her hand on her forehead being overly dramatic, now I know where Melana gets it from.

While I'm finishing my breakfast I get a text from my best friend April also is the only other person who knows I'm gay. Me and April have been best friends since 2nd grade when we tried dating. It didn't last long due to the fact I was gay but I just didn't know it. We ended up breaking up and just being friends.

Flashback to 2nd grade...
"Hi my name is kelanie, what's yours?"I ask the boy sitting next to me after introducing myself to him.

"My name is Khalil." He replies with a wide smile on his face.

"Oh hi Khalil guess what!" I say excitedly to him.

"What lanie?" He questioned me.

"My name isn't lanie it's kelanie, and I have a girlfriend." I corrected him and whispered the last part to him.

"I know I gave you a nick name. Who your girlfriend?" He asked me and I pointed to where April was sitting doing her work.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked him.

"No" He responded. I just replied back with an "oh" and then it was quit for a few seconds.