Chapter 4

A/N: Physical abuse in this scene so it may be triggering

Harry was waiting for Louis to come back. He was hanging from the ceiling again, but this time, he was only sitting upright with one of his legs dangling down and the other folded underneath his knee. Harry couldn't seem to get the things Liam said out of his mind, but he just tried to laugh it off. He wouldn't let it get to him.

He had been by himself for half an hour now and he was slightly worried as he hadn't received any news. Normally he would have been back now anyway.

Before his thoughts consumed him, Harry's head immediately turned when he heard the sound of their door opening.

"Hey puddin'," he grinned, his mind instantly being cleared.

"Get down from there," The Joker muttered.

"But I like it up here." Harry pouted.

"I said get down!" he shouted before shooting one of the hooks that held the fabric to the ceiling.

Harry yelped, trying to grab hold of something to stop him from falling and hurting himself. He managed to grab hold of the fabric before he hit the ground and stopped just above it.

"What did I do?" he gasped, shaken by his recent fall.

"Where's Batman?"

"I-I don't know," Harry said with wide eyes.

"I said where is he?!" The Joker asked before grabbing one of his pigtails and pulling hard. Immediately his neck began to strain at the weird angle it was held at. His breaths came out in short gasps as he tried to get away. The tight grip he had on his hair made him whimper.

"I'm sorry! I don't know where he is?" Harry pleaded, gasping when he was yanked closer to The Joker's face.

The Joker glared at him and Harry' eyes widened. He always hated his moods but it was very rare that he would be afraid of him. "Did you not kill him?"

"No! Because I didn't know, you wanted me to!" Harry retaliated as he tried to get his hair out of The Joker's grip.

He cried out when his head was slammed against the edge of a nearby wooden table. A sickening crack signalled that a slight dent had formed in the table. His face was in unbearable pain and he felt a little light headed. He only got time to shuffle forwards a little before The Joker was at him again.

"You are such a worthless bitch sometimes, don't you know me at all!" he shouted and pulled at his hair to get him up. Harry immediately got up, trying to get away as well. "Why can't you get anything right?" he asked then slapped him across the face.

Harry gasped as The Joker gripped his face, a choked sob leaving his mouth and he turned away from him. "Stop please," he whimpered. There were probably going to be marks left on his skin at this rate. He wasn't sure if he the warm liquid he could feel dripping from his nose was blood, but the red stains on the floor seemed to confirm it.

"I will only stop when you fucking learn Harley," The Joker spat through gritted teeth as he held his cheeks in his hands. Harry winced as his cheek burned in pain and he whimpered when he got pulled closer to him.

"Mr J, you are hurting me!"

He rolled his eyes. "No, I'm not, I know you can take it."

"Please, stop," he whispered.

"I'm only doing this to show you a lesson Harley; maybe you'll actually learn this time."

"What-?" he wondered before he was punched hard in the face, knocking him out and instantly fell to the floor when he was let go by The Joker.