Chapter 16

Harry grinned as he smoothed out his dress. It was the day of his wedding, and Harry was excited but nervous at the same time. He hadn't seen the Joker for a whole two days, and he was becoming slightly agitated with how long it had been since he had seen him.

"You're getting married Harley, it's fine" he spoke to himself. "There's nothing to worry about."

He looked at his dress, the soft white tulle A-line dress fitting him perfectly. He pulled the sweetheart neckline up higher over his chest. He ran a hand over the beading on his dress and smiled. There were little diamonds sewn into a diamond shape around the bottom of his dress. He slipped on his black gloves and pulled them up to his elbows. He looked over his makeup and gently wiped away a smudge of red lipstick. He fluttered his long black eyelashes before smiling.

He stared at his reflection in the mirror and frowned. For a minute he saw his younger self-staring back at him. Harry gasped when he saw his father and stepped back on the floor, away from the mirror.

He tightly closed his eyes as he could feel the memories coming back. Harry groaned when he heard his father shouting at him, telling him to be better.

Harry held a small toy in his hand. His mother was sitting on the chair behind him while his father was reading a newspaper. He looked over to his father and crawled over after a few seconds of staring at him. He gently touched his leg, grabbing at the fabric of his trousers.

"Get off me" he growled before shaking him off of his leg.

Harry pouted, trying again straight afterwards. "He wants to talk to you," his mother said.

"I don't want to talk to him, get him to fuck off."

"Language!"

"Oh he's old enough to hear things like this, he's not a baby."

"You may not think he's a baby, but he's still a child! He doesn't need to hear that."

"Fine I'll take him upstairs." he replied, grabbing a strong hold of Harry's arm and taking him up off of the floor.

"Be careful!" she screeched as Harry began to cry from the tight grip. "You're hurting him!"

"He can handle it."

"Stop it!"

"A real man should be able to take a hit, yeah, I always knew your son was a worthless bitch who can't get anything right."

"Stop saying that about him, please!" she pleaded and stepped in front of him.

"Get out of my way."

"No, I won't, you get out of my way before I-

There was a knock on his door, and he gasped. He looked at himself in the mirror and wiped at the tears in his eyes. He put on a happy smile before calling them in.

"Hi Harley" he heard Niall say.

"Hello Ni," he said, a hint of weakness in his voice.

"You look beautiful," Niall replied before entering the room and walking up to him.

"You look good too babe" Niall grinned, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Thank you."

"Harley, were you crying?" he asked worriedly when he saw his slightly red cheeks.

"Only tears of joy Ni." Harry smiled.

He looked at him for a few more seconds before shrugging it off.