Hoseok - neighbor

"The man then grabbed her waist. Leaning in with no hesitation—"

You closed the book shut. Feeling the slight air hit your face with a thud. You sat on the swing with crossed legs and placed the book on you lap with your two hands layering over it.

"Yup. This book is not for me." You shook your head. Deciding it was best to return the book back in the library.

It's was currently fall. You woke up early in the morning just to peacefully watch the beautiful scenery on the old playground you used to go to all the time as a child.

You took a good look around the park. Most of the slides, monkey bars, and seesaw were rusted. But the swings were in a surprisingly good shape.

You closed you eyes. Being hit by a wave of nostalgia by all the memories you had here when you were a kid. You stood up, ready to leave with the book in your hand until you caught a glimpse of something in the corner of your eye.

Huh?

With confusion written all over your face you walked over to what looked like a stone brick almost entirely covered in all types of colored leaves. You could've just ignored the said thing, but somehow, it felt luring.

Brushing away the leaves, you finally got a clear view of the stone brick. It looked like a kids drawing of two stick figures, one with two curve lines flowing down on its head which presented a girl, and the one beside it had small lines on top of its head which looked like a boy. the two figures were holding hands with a heart on top of them.

You titled you head slightly, wondering why your heart was aching so much.

"When I grow up, I want to be an artist." The 7 year old You said while drawing with a marker on the stone brick wall which surrounded the playground with folded legs.

"I want to be a singer." A boy who looked the same age as you spoke. He, also had folded legs and was watching you draw. You turned to him and smiled. "Do you have color black?" You nodded and took out your pouch that was filled with markers. You took a black marker and passed it to him.

Looking over at his direction you saw him drawing a stick man figure. "What are you doing?" You curiously asked him.

He didn't reply instead finished his drawing. It looked like  a boy since it had short lines as hair. "This is me." He spoke before drawing another stick figure beside it. You watched his every movement like a lost child.

Once he was done drawing, you took a good look at what he drew. It was the same stick figure except it had two curved lines flowing down at the top of its head. "And this is you."

He smiled. Admiring his masterpiece. He looked at you to see you look disappointed, his face fell. "You don't like it?" He asked with sadness in his voice.

"It's not completed." you grabbed a red marker and drew a heart on top of the drawing. You took a good look of it and smiled.

he smiled too. "Let's stay best friends forever!" He hugged you causing the both of you to lose balance. You both laughed in pure joy and continued to play in the playground.

Your eyes slowly grew wide.

That was years ago, it's still here? You thought.

The stone wall was removed a long time ago so there were random stone bricks on the ground.

Faith huh?