Yoongi - brother series

Huffing in both frustration and anger, you clenched your backpack straps and stomped through the hallways heading towards the schools gymnasium.

You felt the tears already pool inside your eyes but you knew you had to hold it in. You didn't want to feel even more embarrassed.

When you entered the gymnasium, you could hear a lot of shoes squeaking. A sound to tell that they were playing already. You ignored the sound and continued to stomped towards the long bench.

You threw your backpack down aggressively and dropped yourself on the seat. You just wanted to go home after what had happened. But you couldn't. You had to leave school a bit late today since your brother had to practice basketball with his teammates and your mother didn't bother to pick both of you up twice.

Out of all the days, today was the day you couldn't leave. Your eyes traveled to your brother who was holding the ball in his hands and trying his best to dodge his opponents attack. The big game was tomorrow. And because your brother was a new addition to the team, he surely didn't want to mess this up. Ever since he's joined the basketball team you both stopped talking to eachother. He always had practice and in times like this, you both would just go home without saying a word to eachother. Either because he was tired or it was you.

Crossing your arms, you pouted and tried your best to hold your tears in.

"Hey can you hand me a water bottle?"

Turning to the voice, you saw your older brother yoongi, breathing heavily while holding a basket ball to his side. He wiped his sweat with his other hand while waiting for you to respond.

Shifting your head beside you, you spotted a cooler and stared at it. You opened the cooler and handed him his water bottle without saying anything.

Yoongi looked at the water bottle you just gave him, and then back at your sad face. "Is there something wrong?"

You continued to look ahead. Not knowing how to respond, you just shrugged.

He eyed you for a moment while sipping his water bottle. He knew something was wrong. "What is it? Just tell me." He said, ignoring his friends callings for him to come back.

You spotted his friends shouting for him to continue practice. You looked at him and gestured for him to go away. "Just play. You're too busy with practice anyways." You looked ahead again. "Like you always are." You mumbled your last sentence while facing the ground.

"Yoongi! What's taking so long?" His friends cooed, their patients running out.

The said boy turned to face them, and then he turned back to face you. His eyes softened when he saw your glassy eyes, he could see you trying to hold your tears in. He knew he had to choose. And he didn't hesitate to choose his answer.

Yoongi threw the basketball of the floor. You watched it bounce away with wide eyes. But you grew even more shocked when he sat beside you.

He rested his arms on his knees and faced you. "Hey, I know I'm not the best brother in the world. But just know that if you want a shoulder to cry on, I'm always here okay?" He said softly. You still, continued to looked away. "Yeah we fight a lot and usually want to rip each other's head off, but you're still my little sister and nothing will change that. If it makes you feel any better, I can tell mom to pick us up early today."

Nodding, you finally faced him and couldn't stop the tears from flowing anymore. "Is my face too chubby?"

You saw how he blinked multiple times as he was caught off guard. "What?"

"My face." You repeated, even more tears going down. "Am I fat?"

Yoongi didn't know why you were suddenly asking him this question. You did gain some weight but you were very skinny before in his opinion. "Of course not. Why're you asking?"

"I was walking in the hallways after lunch." You sobbed, remembering what happened. "And then a group of boys called me a pig."

His eyes darkened. "Who?"

You told him their names and he listened. You felt like a wight has been lifted off your shoulders after telling someone.

He suddenly hugged you, patting your back. "Don't listen to them okay? You're not fat. We can wait outside for mom if you want." You nodded. Wanting to get out of the school. "If it happens again call me."

"Okay." You stood up and wore your backpack. "How about your practice? I know you want to do well. Basketball matters a lot to you. Especially since you just made the team."

Yoongi carried his backpack as well as you both walked towards the exit. He shrugged. "It can be a learning process. If I get kicked out, then so be it."

You matter way more to me. He thought, looking at your oblivious face.

________

Inspired after I felt really sad and angry one day and was literally sulking the entire time. I was sitting down on the floor quiet while everyone else was playing badminton (literally almost everyone) so I told one of my guy friends that I would just text him about it because he always played badminton and never had time for anything else. He walked towards me and asked me to tell him what happened and why I was sad. I told him. "Just play don't mind me." He then dropped his racket on the floor and sat down across from me and proceeded asking me why I was sulking.