Bts - past life (pt. 6)

Family dinners were very rare in the palace.

The idea of sitting together with your family in a table was something you royals would only do on special occasions. As if it's only because you had a topic to discuss about. And if there was none, you all would just silently eat.

Well, not until today.

"We haven't had a family breakfast in a while." Father sat at the front of the long table and broke the silence, looking at the other eight royals in front of him.

It seems that namjoon and seokjin were the only ones who heard him as they nodded. Yoongi was eating, stealing a few glances here and there. Taehyung, hoseok, and jimin had their eyes focused somewhere else. You followed their gaze and saw jungkook eating, ignoring everyone and not bothering to make any eye contact.

Your face fell at that. You only now realized why the 7th prince was avoiding the king. You wouldn't blame him if he thought that it was fathers fault for the death of ara. You also remembered what he told you the last time you sat on this table.

"We're both silent, huh?" Jungkook suddenly spoke making you looked towards him. "I can't wait for this to be over."

You looked ahead. "Everyone would want the luxury of being a prince." You then looked at him. "And now your saying you don't want it?"

He sighed and looked at his food while poking it with his utensil. "It's not that. It's just, feeling the need of wanting to be normal." His eyes went teary as he tried to hold them in. "I'm a prince, everyone sees me as perfect. They treat me differently because of that. But I'm just a boy, who wishes to be normal like everyone else."

That time you realized he would give up everything just to be with the girl he loved. He would risk everything for ara.

You watched the boy, eat his food silently as you sighed. You saw taehyung secretly glare at father. He was clenching his fists a sign to show that he was holding his anger in. You gave the boy a look saying don't do anything stupid.

The 6th prince looked at you back. Not knowing what he meant, your eyebrows crashed together. Taehyung cleared his throat, getting fathers attention.

"So father, I heard you hired a new guard." Everyone else in the table except for father looked at him with wide eyes. Taehyung ignored the eyes staring at him and looked back at the king with a fake smile. "Is it true?"

"What the heck is he doing?" Jimin whispered beside you. You shrugged too focused on the scene.

Father just smiled. "Oh myungju? Ah yes! He volunteered to help." He clasped his hand together in excitement. Everyone looked at him with blank faces. "He was an amazing addition to the palace. He's really good at sword fighting too." He giggled.

"So that's the bastards name..." Jungkook mumbled in anger.

Volunteered to help? You thought. It seems that father really likes him.

"Uh yes.." Taehyung held his hands together on the table. "Myungju. Do you have any idea of what he's been doing lately?"

You could hear Jimin silently gasp beside you. He was just as shocked as everyone else.

"Someone has to stop him..." Hoseok smiled and said with gritted teeth, eyes looking around. "If father admits that he knew what that stupid guard has done jungkook would be even more crushed."