Part - 34

Naira missed Kartik a lot in those 4 days. Everyone wished her birthday but from whom she wanted wishes wasn't here.

She went to the place where they meet every day. Naira was stunned seeing the place decked up beautifully.

She felt a pair of arms around her waist. She knew it was him.

"Kartik." Naira shivered in his touch.

"Happy birthday Naira." He whispered blowing air on her neck.

They moved away from each other.

"Come." Kartik extended his hand.

Naira gave her hand in his hand. Kartik took her towards the table. Naira saw a beautiful cake with a lioness on that.

"What's this?" Naira looked angrily at Kartik.

"Lioness for my lioness." Kartik smiled widely.

"Thank you Kartik." Naira jumped on Kartik.

Kartik held her more tightly. They knew they were in love but none of them dared to confess.

"I love him." Naira's heart spoke.

"I love her." Kartik's heart jumped.

They broke the hug. Naira blowed the candles and cut the cake. She fed Kartik first.

"Naira woh Main..." Kartik stammered.

"Kya hua Kartik?" Naira asked.

"Actually Main woh..." Kartik wasn't understanding.

"Kartik will you stop doing this woh Main actually...speak up." Naira shook Kartik.

Kartik closed his eyes and took a sigh of relief.

"Dance." Kartik extended his hand.

"Sure." Naira gave her hand.

They started dancing. Both were so close that they were able to hear each other's Heartbeats. They were lost in each other's eyes.

They brought their faces closer. Their lips were just an inch away when Naira turned her face. Kartik stopped dancing. He was abt to go when Naira held him from collars.

"Kartik what's this?" She wanted Kartik to confess.

Kartik was silent.

"Are we the same?" Naira asked.

"No." Kartik nodded in No.

"What's going on then?" Naira was frustrated now.

"I don't know." Kartik didn't want to confess.

"Why you did this for me?" Naira asked.

"Because you are my best friend." Kartik moved away.

Naira was sure now that Kartik doesn't love her.

"Thank you for doing this. I'm grateful. I'm getting late. Bye." Naira walked away.

Tears falling from her eyes.

"I love you Naira." Kartik fell on the ground crying.

"Why don't you love me Kartik?" Naira fell on the road crying.

"No I'll not meet Kartik now. If I kept meeting her I'll break every day. I'll stay away from him. Will it be easy for me? Yes I have to. He doesn't love me. My sister destroyed his life then why will he love me? I'll never meet him now." Naira wiped her tears and stood up.