Chapter Eleven

"Take that away," Arnav yelled. "How many time do I have to say that I won't eat any of this shit!"

"But beta-"

"No Dai Ma," Arnav said, interrupting her. "Take it away."

"Beta you need to take your medication-"

"I don't give a fuck!"

"Chote!"

Both turned to see Aryan standing at the door.

"Apologize this instant," Aryan boomed.

"Sorry," Arnav muttered.

"It's okay beta," and Dai Ma went to take the tray.

"Leave it," Aryan said.

Dai Ma nodded and she left.

Arnav just crossed his arms. "I won't eat."

"Maybe. But unless someone tells you-"

"No one can."

"Not even me?"

Arnav froze. Out behind from Aryan came Khushi. The minute she saw him, her eyes widened. Arnav didn't look like the beautiful man she knew. His beard had excessively grown and his hair was messed up. He was under his duvet and his eyes were wide, looking at her.

At the sight of him, Khushi had tears flowing. She couldn't control herself anymore and went running to Arnav, wrapping her arms around his neck and holding onto him tightly. Arnav held her and had her sit down.

Khushi pulled away and cupped his face. "What have you done to yourself? I didn't think it was this bad when your father told me but... what the hell?!"

Arnav looked amused. "'What the hell'?"

"Don't you dare say a word Arnav Singh Raizada!"

Khushi got up and Arnav reached out, but she was out of reach.

"Khushi, come back-"

"Shh! Not one word out of your mouth!"

Khushi picked up the tray and came back around and ripped some roti and dipped it in the curry. "Open your mouth."

Arnav just looked at her.

"Open your mouth!"

Arnav did, not moving his eyes away from Khushi. Khushi fed Arnav and not once did Arnav look away. Aryan was grateful and thought to himself.

If Chote and Khushi got married, Aryan thought, then that would be spectacular. I have never seen Chote so serious about a girl before and the way he is with Khushi.... He looked up. I think I've found our daughter in-law Shalini, and then he left to leave the two alone.

Khushi had Arnav eat everything, even the kheer. When Arnav finished up, Khushi got up but Arnav stopped her.

"Just put it aside," Arnav said. "Someone will come in to take it."

Khushi nodded and placed the tray aside and then sat next to Arnav. The two just looked at each other for a moment, when a worker came in. The two snapped out of it and the worker left.

"I... I should get going," Khushi whispered.

She was about to get up, but Arnav caught her hand and pulled her in.

"Not so fast Khushi. You have to tell me what happened."

Khushi gulped.

"Why didn't you want to see me?"

Khushi took in a deep breath and then told him everything. How her mom got a call from a stranger, how her mother yelled and insulted her, and how her father threatened to do something bad to him.

Arnav shook his head and cupped his face. "Khushi, if your father knew who he was talking about, he never would've said anything."

"Maybe, but-"

"Besides, no one would ever be able to stop me from reaching you. Ever.

"Arnav-"

"No Khushi. No matter what happens, I will ALWAYS love you. Okay? ALWAYS. No matter what, I will protect you." He held her face with both hands. "And I will have you."

Khushi held his hands and looked down, tears threatening to flow.

"Shh... Khushi, don't cry," he soothed.

But the tears dropped and Arnav hugged her to comfort her. Khushi held onto him tightly and kissed him on the cheek. Arnav pulled away and wiped her tears away with his thumbs and kissed her forehead.

Khushi squirmed. "Arnav, your beard is poking me."

"Hey! It's not that bad-"

"Are you kidding me? Get up. Right now. Go get rid of it. Your scruff is fine but this is ridiculous!"

"What," he exclaimed, faking his shock.

Khushi giggled. "Go. Because underneath that mess is my beautiful man."

Arnav smiled and was about to kiss her, but Khushi stopped him.

"If you don't shave," she began, "then you can't kiss me."

Arnav in the blink of an eye dashed to the bathroom, leaving a giggling Khushi behind. Soon Arnav came out and went back to Khushi.

"Now then," he said, and leaned in to kiss her.

"Arnav-"

But Arnav kissed her. The two got caught off by it and Arnav deepened the kiss. How and when, they had no idea, but in the end, Khushi ended up lying down on Arnav's bed, with Arnav on top. When Khushi needed to catch her breath, she pulled away and Arnav moved to her neck and nibbled on it. Khushi then realized their position and clutched onto Arnav's shirt, over his chest.

"Arnav, stop," Khushi said, pushing him away.

Arnav let go and looked down at her. "What's wrong?"

Khushi looked to the side and Arnav realized the position they were in. Khushi was about to get up, but Arnav pinned her down.

"Arnav-"

Arnav leaned in close and Khushi went crimson. She couldn't look at him, for his gaze was intense, and she looked away.

"Khushi?"

She shut her eyes.

Arnav nuzzled the crook of her neck. He started to nibble on it and Khushi's hand instinctively went into his hair. He bit down hard and Khushi fisted his hair.

"Ah," she cried out.

Arnav let go and Khushi looked up at him as he looked down at her. Arnav ran the back of his hand down her cheek and Khushi shuddered.

"No one..."

Khushi looked up at Arnav.

"... no one can ever - not any human being or force - can ever separate me from you Khushi. I will always protect you and will have you, no matter what."

Khushi smiled with tears in her eyes.

Arnav leaned in and kissed her on her lips, hard. Khushi wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back with all her love.

Arnav broke away. "Marry me," he whispered against her lips.

Khushi looked up at him in shock. "Wha... what?"

"Marry me. Marry me Khushi Kumari Gupta."